I am thankful…
- For another day, because every one is a gift
- For El Hub’s love, patience, support and respect
- For TABS!!!
- For modern dentistry (aka floss and fluoride, yo!)
- To live in a country that with all its faults provides people with clean drinking water, cheap produce, tremendous opportunities, the rights to vote and then to badmouth the government, and the freedom to make a complete fool of yourself in public
- To have family, because many people do not
- To be lucky enough to witness kindness, compassion, gut-busting laughter, and love on a regular basis
- To have made it this far (35 years and still going strong-ish!)
- To have ever tried blogging, because 1) I wasn’t cut out to be a legal secretary or a literary agent, and 2) it gave me the chance to feel useful and appreciated
- For the opportunity to put my humungous library of humiliating childhood photos and my radical repertoire of 1980s pop-culture references to good use
- For emails like this one:
I just wanted to let you know how very much I enjoy your blog. It’s informative, helpful and very funny. I have started to find that I cannot start my day without my daily injection of Karen and Tabs! Thank you so much for your hard work and commitment in putting out your blog. I hope this email goes a little way to letting you know that even in far flung corners of the world (Sydney, Australia in my case) there are people who think you do a wonderful job and have come to rely on your honest and helpful posts. Thanks again and I look forward to many more mornings filled with Makeup and Beauty Blog goodness!
- For MAKEUP (of course), with a special shout-out to concealer today
- For you
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,