Ouch, it’s the “all-time” part of the question that makes this one difficult. Do I go with the limited edition products that moved me to glittery tears (hello, Chanel Astral), or give love to my errr’day staples?
Hmm… I gotta go with the longer-term loves, the products I’ve worn every day, or almost every day, and rarely leave home without.
1. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer — Tricky to use, and the glass pump drives me batty, but I’ve yet to find a full-coverage under-eye concealer that works better for me (although theBalm’s Time Balm Concealer comes close).
2. MAC Face & Body — Easy to build up or sheer out, Face & Body is more flexible than my noodle arms after a yoga class, but more stable than a 200-year-old oak tree once you put it. Hands down, it’s my favorite foundation for dewy skin.
3. MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl — I kid you not; I have gone through seven or eight of these since discovering it in 2008, and my heart hurts a little every time I forget it at home when I leave the house. On the lower water line, this bad-@ss bronzy liner pencil is EVERYTHING. It brightens and opens the eyes wide, practically manga-style.
4. MAC Brun Eye Shadow — Brow filler, eye liner, smokey eye maker extraordinaire. Brun is a bonafide jack of all trades.
5. MAC Impassioned Lipstick — If our cruel alien/sentient computer overlords forced me to pick a single bright lipstick to wear for the rest of my life, I would pick Impassioned.
How about you? What are your five all-time favorite makeup/beauty products?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Happy hump day. 🙂