My Halloween Costume (I wish)
- I saw this haunting skull-and-rose print dress in a store window this week. It’s by Bay Area independent designer Catherine Jane. At $335, it’s not in my costume budget, but maybe they’ll mark it down on the day after Halloween… Stuffed crow sold separately!
- Speaking of Halloween, I found this helpful book the other day, the Ultimate Zombie Survival Guide. Did you know that zombies can’t climb stairs? Good to know, right? If you don’t have time to read the guide, there’s also Zombies in Plain English, a three-minute video guide. Don’t wait; be prepared, and survive the next large-scale zombie attack.
What Lies Within Us Bracelet
- Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote, “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” Wear those words of wisdom with this thoughtful engraved sterling silver bracelet from Target, $70.
- You know those morning folks who wake up running on all cylinders the minute they get out of bed? Yeah, I am *so not* one of them. I was royally grumpy all morning long until I heard Love at First Sight by Kylie Minogue.
Late Night Drunk
Dialing E-mailing: Step Away From the Keyboard!
- These days, after a night of partying, don’t drunk dial your ex. No, try drunk e-mailing him/her instead, but be smart. Use Mail Goggles, Google’s new “sobriety checkpoint” feature in Gmail, to prevent you from making a complete ass of yourself the next time you’ve overloaded on pina coladas. Once you’ve enabled the feature, you’re prompted to perform five simple math problems within a 60-second window before you’re able to send e-mails between the hours of 10 pm and 4 am on weekends, ha! No kidding. Think of all the potential mortification this could thwart. I *so* wish I’d thought of this. Still loving you, Larry and Sergey!
Budget Back Massage
- You don’t have to spend $100/hour to get a decent massage. Work out those kinks with a little help from Babyassface. All you need is a tennis ball. Now, help me think of some way to get Andy Roddick involved…
How Well Do You Know Your Mullet?
- Are you weirdly fascinated by mullets? I am. Take Bella Sugar’s Guess the Celebrity Mullet Quiz to gauge your mullet identification prowess.
Welcome to the Neighborhood
- Marin County photographer Mindy Pines has an interesting way of framing casual moments and turning them into art. Her photo blog, F-StopMarin.com, features everyday people, scenes and landmarks out here in my neck of the woods.
Evolution of Style
- I still have way too many Banana Republic tops from 2005, so I devoted mucho time this week to surfing the web for cute clothes. My favorites were these 40s-style dresses by Stop Staring, an indy clothing line out of Los Angeles. The Ashley, Raileen, Vogue Rosalyn and Vogue Glamour Blush dresses totally spoke to me. I added them to my shopping cart but didn’t pull the trigger (maybe next time).
Hope you’re having a lovely day so far! I’m off to grab some lunch. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,