Last week’s What’s in Your Purse post was a lot of fun, wasn’t it? I get a kick out of making strange lists, and I take it a lot of other people do too.
I was thinking last night about an article I read a few months ago where people talked about what they’d tell their younger selves, so I made a list of the things I’d tell my 22-year-old self (yikes! that was 10 years ago?!) if given the chance.
9 things I would say to my younger self…
1. Savor eating fried zucchini sticks at three in morning and staying a size 2 because that high metabolism will be GONE FOREVER in four years (sigh…).
2. Be kinder to yourself.
3. In 10 years you’re going to look back and realize that several major life decisions you made were done to please other people. Take more time to think about what you really want and go for it.
4. OMG, wear sunscreen on your neck! Everyday!
5. Resist blowing your paycheck on clothes. Instead, save all that money and blow it on travel and seeing the world.
6. Leave those sorry little makeup sponge applicators alone and get yourself some real brushes, girl. While you’re at it, understand that bleaching your upper lip hair isn’t fooling nobody! Get that ‘stache waxed ASAP!
7. You know that nagging little gut feeling you get when you think about working for a magazine or newspaper? Listen to it. Bite the bullet, screw what everybody else says about employability and just do what you like.
8. Start lifting weights.
9. In four years you’ll meet a boy in a bookstore. You’ll think he’s kind of weird but funny and cute despite his questionable choice of footwear. At first you won’t think much of it, but that little nagging gut feeling will kick in again, so please, please, please listen to it, because knowing him will change your life forever.
What would you say to your younger self if given the chance?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
For more cheeky posts like this one, sign up to receive my updates by email. 🙂