Wake up, buttercup! It’s bright and early here on the West Coast.
Well, it’s actually still dark here…so I hope you’re asleep.
Yours truly sure could use a hot cup of tea, or two. I need to caffeinate before heading to the airport. I had to get up with the chickens this morning to catch my 7:20 flight to Kauai, but I wanted to say a quick hi and wish you good morning.
I plan to eat plenty of pie and do lots of sightseeing while I’m on the island, but you know me. I can’t stay away from MBB for long. I haven’t been away from it for more than a few days since 2007, and that’s no joke!
I’m sure I’ll be checking in often.
Before I go, here are a few fun facts about the Garden Isle (could come in handy on Final Jeopardy)…
Fun Facts About Kauai
- Kauai is the fourth largest, and northernmost, island in the Hawaiian archipelago.
- Kauai is also the oldest of the Hawaiian islands (the Big Island to the south is the youngest), at more than six million years old!
- The wettest spot on earth is located in the middle of the island of Kauai atop Mount Waiâ€™aleâ€™ale (â€œrippling watersâ€). The spot receives an average of 432 inches of rainfall per year. To put that in perspective, Seattle, Washington, only gets 36.49!
- The state’s only navigable rivers are on Kauai (ya know, on account of all that rain).
- Kauai has a miniature Grand Canyon! Waimea Canyon is about one mile wide, 3,600 feet deep and 10 miles long.
- Over 60 movies have been filmed on Kauai, including Jurassic Park, Outbreak, 6 Days 7 Nights and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
Okay, I really gotta go now! Tabs is insisting on one more deep-tissue massage before I leave… Per usual, his pet sitter will be around to cater to his every whim (DIVA!), but he says that I have “the magic touch.” If I don’t do as I’m told, he’ll be hella grumpy when I get home. You know cats.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict (with lots of love),