Wake up, buttercup! It’s bright and early here on the West Coast.
Well, it’s actually still dark here…so I hope you’re asleep.
Yours truly sure could use a hot cup of tea, or two. I need to caffeinate before heading to the airport. I had to get up with the chickens this morning to catch my 7:20 flight to Kauai, but I wanted to say a quick hi and wish you good morning.
I plan to eat plenty of pie and do lots of sightseeing while I’m on the island, but you know me. I can’t stay away from MBB for long. I haven’t been away from it for more than a few days since 2007, and that’s no joke!
I’m sure I’ll be checking in often.
Before I go, here are a few fun facts about the Garden Isle (could come in handy on Final Jeopardy)…
Fun Facts About Kauai
- Kauai is the fourth largest, and northernmost, island in the Hawaiian archipelago.
- Kauai is also the oldest of the Hawaiian islands (the Big Island to the south is the youngest), at more than six million years old!
- The wettest spot on earth is located in the middle of the island of Kauai atop Mount Wai’ale’ale (“rippling waters”). The spot receives an average of 432 inches of rainfall per year. To put that in perspective, Seattle, Washington, only gets 36.49!
- The state’s only navigable rivers are on Kauai (ya know, on account of all that rain).
- Kauai has a miniature Grand Canyon! Waimea Canyon is about one mile wide, 3,600 feet deep and 10 miles long.
- Over 60 movies have been filmed on Kauai, including Jurassic Park, Outbreak, 6 Days 7 Nights and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
Okay, I really gotta go now! Tabs is insisting on one more deep-tissue massage before I leave… Per usual, his pet sitter will be around to cater to his every whim (DIVA!), but he says that I have “the magic touch.” If I don’t do as I’m told, he’ll be hella grumpy when I get home. You know cats.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict (with lots of love),