What it do, ladies? Right now Tabs, El Hub and I are watching the news and waiting to find out if a tsunami will hit Hawaii (ETA soon).
Yes, that felt about as strange to type as it probably was to read.
Doing my best not to worry, but I am a little nervous… I’m browsing the web to keep my mind occupied. Care to keep me company?
UPDATE 2:32PM PST: It looks like Hawaii has been lucky so far. The first waves generated by the earthquake have passed through the Hawaiian Islands with no signs of damage. Still watching…
Random bright spots
- Topshop’s new makeup line is coming to the States! — BellaSugar
- Bobbi Brown does Color Strips for spring 2010 — Temptalia
- Get a preview of Jessica Simpson’s new beauty show — Allure Daily Beauty Reporter Blog
- 4 simple principles of getting to completion — Zen Habits
- Sparse lashes and brows? Code.Ai wants to help — We heart This
- Is this Tabs’ long lost French kitty sister? — The Catorialist
- 19 starting points for being a unique blogger — Pro Blogger
- WOW! This couple must really love MAC (as in Apple) — Telegraph.co.uk
- 101 posts for an all-around balanced life — Balance in Me
- Take a virtual trip through Benefit’s headquarters in San Francisco — The Secret Life of a Benefit Gal
New in beauty
- Gucci’s Flora Eau de Parfum ($60) hits all the right fragrance notes
- Philosophy’s Wild Blackberry Blossom Body Lotion ($24) and Shower Gel ($16) sound yummy
- Sisley makes their bestselling makeup product available in a compact foundation, Phyto-Teint Eclat ($120)
- Love the packaging for Memoire Liquide’s Reserve scents ($95 each)
- I’ll say I Do to the six polishes in Essie’s Wedding Collection ($4 each)
- OOH! I can’t wait to try Almay’s Smart Shade Anti-Aging Makeup ($10)
- Have you played with the 100% Pure Makeup line ($5-55) from Bath & Body Works?
- Laura Mercier’s Zen collection ($19-60) features gardern-inspired colors for eyes, lips and cheeks
- Victoria’s Secret Beauty introduces the Beachy Sexy line, a limited-edition collection of self-tanning, bronzing and after-sun products ($12 each)
- Peter Thomas Roth’s Continuous Sunscreen Mist is on sale at Sephora for $12 (originally $28); might be a good idea to stock up before summer
- Macy’s carries some interesting beauty lines I’ve never tried before: Terre d’Oc ($20-60), Farmaesthetics ($20-58), Nvey Eco ($24-58) and Rx for Brown Skin ($18-50)
Super cool! A day in the life of New York City (in miniature)
I’m every woman… CHAKA KAHN!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,