When I’m feeling a little sad or down, one thing I do to cheer myself up is make lists. Yesterday, I had a craptacularly rough afternoon and cried, oh, about six times. There are just some days when you feel like you can’t get anything right, ya know? After the sixth round of tears, I made a list to remind myself of the things I’m pretty darn good at.
9 Things I’m pretty darn good at…
- Blueberry and peach cobbler. I make it from scratch, and some say it’s truly fierce. One bite can make your eyes roll back into your head. It’s cobbler crack! Holla at me and I’ll send you the recipe.
- Running hills. I can run up all the hills in my neighborhood. El Hub can smoke me on a level surface, but he eats my dust on the hills. The steeper, the better!
- Folding clothes. Years ago I did time working as a sales clerk for The Limited, Miller’s Outpost and Emporium-Capwells (a now defunct department store). I can fold a mean pocket-t.
- Bullsh*t detection. Don’t even try to pull the wool over my eyes, ’cause I can smell it coming from a mile away.
- Swimming. In a past life, I think I might’ve been an aquatic animal.
- Making music playlists. My gym playlists are guaranteed to get your booty shaking.
- Shoe shopping. 🙂
- Falling asleep on public transportation. Cars, planes, trains, pony express (kidding!)… if it moves and I’m on it for any length of time, I can cat nap, even while standing up!
- Befriending strays (both animals and people).
How about you? What are some things you do well? Toot your horn! *toot toot!*
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,