I was panning for gold (aka wasting time) on Vimeo last weekend when my mouse and I came across I Am, a short documentary in which a series of different people finish a sentence that starts, “I am…” Their answers are so revealing — sometimes cheeky, other times deeply moving — that I thought it would make a great topic for a 9 Things list.
- I am a daughter, sister, wife, friend and crazy cat mom.
- I am afraid that if I have a child I might not be a good mother. I mean, I know I won’t be a monster or anything like that mom in Precious, but sometimes I think I’m too moody and not nearly maternal enough. Friends with babies tell me not to worry. They say, “You’ll be fine, Karen. Your instincts will kick in.” I don’t know… I’d like to believe they’re right.
- I am still trying to lose the same 15 pounds I gained 10 years ago. Apparently, something ain’t working, but I will NEVER GIVE UP THE FIGHT!
- I am currently obsessed with goat cheese.
- I am worried that my life is passing me by.
- I am eternally grateful to my parents. We’ve hit a few bumps along the way (who hasn’t?), but as a kid I always felt protected, loved and safe.
- I am funny? — and creative, spontaneous, inquisitive, musical, stubborn and outgoing.
- I am perpetually five minutes late. I started wearing a watch 24/7, but truth be told it hasn’t helped at all.
- I am not getting enough sleep. Concealer is my BFF, fo’ reals.
Would you like to give this a try (please do)? It can be very illuminating! Complete the sentence, “I am…” and share as much (or as little) as you’d like.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Happy hump day!