He asks: “So, what do you do for fun?”
She replies: “Well, I like to go hiking, eat sushi, go dancing…”
Last week, during dinner at one of my favorite Thai restaurants, there was a couple sitting next to me who were clearly on a first date. My nosy ass couldn’t help but eavesdrop on their conversation between bites of yellow chicken curry (what can I say? I multi-task) and spring rolls. The boy hailed from Texas and liked indie rock; the girl liked to meditate and go hiking. They looked cute together, but there were several awkward moments of silence during which both of them sat there, obviously nervous, nibbling away at the Pad Thai for way too long.
It got me thinking about the-getting-to-know-you stage of friendships and relationships…
9 Random Things My Friends Know About Me
- I hate earthworms. No, I don’t just hate them. The very thought of earthworms makes me physically sick (I’m cringing right now). They are among the grossest things on the planet and disgust me on a great many levels. I hate how they squirm, how slimy they look, and I hate their nasty little turtlenecks.
- I am not a morning person.
- I was in a bad rollerblading accident involving a hill, a deaf elderly lady, a flock of slow moving ducks and a patch of ivy. What occurred was both startling and unpleasant.
- My first car was a red ’95 Honda Civic with black interior and NO AIR CONDITIONING.
- I can square dance.
- I don’t bowl.
- I sing in the car.
- I don’t like hot, spicy food but lurve extra garlic.
- I wore braces in junior high.
How about you? What do your best friends know about you?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,