Good morning, buddy! So, Mockingjay last night. El Hub and I went, and while some of the reviews out there haven’t been kind, I liked it…which I know is probably a HUGE surprise.
But seriously, some of the reviews are calling it the worst of the three movies, boring, just a real stinker, but I didn’t think so at all.
It definitely has a different feel than the other two films, yeah, but so did the third book. The filmmakers split the last book in half to squeeze out another movie, but that’s sort of par for the course these days with successful franchises.
It’s darker than the first two films, literally. Not as many long sequences outdoors in thick forests and jungles, but that’s because this one is a wartime story, and it looks the part. I can’t say that I enjoyed the movie quite as much as the other two, but I did like it, and I think it holds its own in the greater Hunger Games film canon.
I mean, you know…if you’re a fan of the Hunger Games, it’s not like you’re not gonna see this movie. 🙂
In other news, it’s giveaway time!
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck:
- Do you ever hang out with your neighbors?
- What would you like for Christmas?
- Are you good at fixing things around the house?
- Cowboys or rockstars?
- Do you have any brothers? What are they like?
- What did you have for dinner last night?
- You can enter in up to seven ways to boost your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, November 24, 2014 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time). 🙂
- Full terms and conditions are available in the widget.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,