Kaw, kaw! So, Birdman… Seemed like a long movie to me, but I thought it was interesting and different. The whole thing plays out like one long camera shot, so the scenes sort of flow into each other. I’ve seen that effect before, but I liked the way it worked here.
In the movie, Michael Keaton’s character plays an aging, washed-up actor everyone knows as the man who formerly played Birdman, a comic book superhero he stopped playing in movies many years earlier (kind of autobiographical in that way, since Michael played Batman in the late ’80s and early ’90s). Now he’s producing, directing and starring in his own Broadway play, after investing his life savings into it, and most of the movie is about the shenanigans backstage before opening night. Oh, and he’s also losing his mind… Or something like that.
I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite movie of the year so far, but I liked it.
In related news, TWO WEEKS TILL THIS!!!
Your nephew and I are very excited. 🙂
How are things going in your neck of the woods? Do you have any plans this weekend or for Veteran’s Day?
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck:
- What’s your favorite dish to order at a restaurant?
- What are your current favorite shoes?
- Are you more sinister, seductive or sweet?
- A makeup look or hair style you’ve been too afraid to try?
- A product you would love much more if it were smaller?
- Does it bother you if your friends don’t like someone you’re dating?
- You can enter in up to seven ways to boost your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, November 10, 2014 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time). 🙂
- Full terms and conditions are available in the widget.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,