I think most driven cats think about their legacy.
They want to leave their mark on the world; they want to be remembered. In fact, I think it’s one of the main reasons they scratch things…
It’s tough nowadays, though, because cats aren’t as easily impressed as they once were. There was a time when a cat could just scratch an oak tree, and other cats would walk by and say, “That scratch there? Your great, great, great grandcat made that scratch,” but no more. Now cats have to think bigger.
Bigger like the recently completed Dubai Cat Tower, which at 2,723′ is the tallest freestanding cat tower in the world.
Tabs just wants to leave his mark on the world… 🙂
In other news, good morning! Rise and shine, pal o’ mine. Happy caturday!
I really enjoyed yesterday’s open thread (thank you for stopping by), and I’ll still be hanging out in the comments there if you want to chat.
So…tell me about fireworks. Did you see any last night? We saw a few sparkles in the sky from our house, but that’s about it. We did, however, see one of the coolest movies I’ve seen in a long time. If you like thought-provoking sci-fi — oh! — you have to see Snowpiercer.
WOW! What a fan-friggin’-tastic sci-fi movie. I’m going to be seeing scenes from that movie in my head for the rest of my life.
It stars Chris Evans (Captain America), Jamie Bell (Billy Elliott, Jumper), Tilda Swinton (The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Deep End) and quite a few other good actors.
It’s kind of a weird premise, but that’s a recipe for good sci-fi. It’s about a train. The whole thing takes place on a train, but it doesn’t really feel claustrophobic, because the train is their entire world. For reasons explained in the movie, the people on the train can’t leave. Can’t ever step foot off the train. Ever.
There’s a struggle for leadership to control the limited resources on the train, and intense mayhem ensues.
Warning: It’s shocking and gruesome and twisted at times.
Seriously, if you consider yourself a fan of sci-fi, you gotta see Snowpiercer.
In other news…it’s giveaway time!
Are you ready for this? I hope you are.
Good luck. Talk to you soon. 🙂
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck:
- Do you have any phobias?
- Sushi: yes or no?
- What and where is your favorite hair salon?
- Have you ever practiced a martial art?
- Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?
- Nail stickers: yes or no?
- You can enter in up to seven ways to boost your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, July 7, 2014 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time), which is, incidentally, someone’s birthday. 🙂
- Full terms and conditions are available in the widget.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,