nce upon a time there was a Sephora store that happened to be built on a fissure between our world and the world of magic. For six minutes around the Witching Hour every night, magic would seep up through the crack, disabling the electronic surveillance system, and infusing all of the products in the store with magic!
One night, an employee was working late at the store to prepare for a big launch, stocking the shelves and making sure that all of the registers were set with enough shopping bags and other supplies for the following day. Because of that, when the magic time happened, the employee saw everything! The products came to life!
They panicked. They didn’t know what to do. No human had ever seen them alive before.
The products all cherished their brief time alive every night and merely sought to live normal lives. When the magic fled the store every night, it was painful for them. All they really wanted was to be able to remain alive the rest of the time.
The products were afraid the employee would ruin everything. She would tell others, and the products feared they would lose even their short time alive, so they refused to let her leave. “No, miss!” they told her. “You’re not going anywhere. You stay right there while we try to figure this out.” But what could they do? They only had six minutes each night.
Finally, after six minutes, the magic retreated, as it always did, and the products returned to their inanimate state.
The employee, thoroughly freaked out by all of this, promptly fled the store, and hasn’t been seen since.
Rise and shine, pal o’ mine! Good morning.
It looks like it’s going to be a nice day around here. It hasn’t been too hot lately. It’s kind of mild, actually, for summer. Might be a nice day for a hike.
I hope you have something fun lined up for this weekend. Anyone heading out of town? Or doing any gardening? Any pool parties perhaps? How about a barbecue?
I don’t think I have anything going on, as far as I can remember right now. I’m not quite feeling 100% yet (I’ve had bad cramps), so I’m not anticipating anything too ambitious.
Good luck in this weekend’s giveaway. I wish I could do one of these with 1,000 winners every day.
I’ll talk to you soon (I still haven’t had my first cup of coffee, and I’m REALLY looking forward to it).
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck:
- Tell me about your favorite park.
- Did you ever have an imaginary friend when you were a kid?
- Does your fur friend/cat/dog/ferret/etc. have any unusual talents?
- Most soothing lip balm?
- Best smelling hair product?
- Most underrated skin care product?
- You can enter in up to seven ways to boost your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, June 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time), which is, incidentally, someone’s birthday.
- Full terms and conditions are available in the widget.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,