“Here she comes!” barked the bottle of Burberry Summer. “Hurry! Everyone, to your places.”
“What places, you fool?” replied the bottle of Chanel No. 5. “We never move unless she moves us. We have no legs.”
“You know what I mean!” responded Burberry Summer angrily, the frustration clear in her voice. “Always the diva!”
The girl turned the corner into the alcove with a big smile on her face. She was humming a happy tune, and it filled the bottles of perfume with joy. She was their queen, and she was here to pick one of them for the day, which was a very special honor for a perfume.
The bottles all stood at attention on the counter, backs straight, intent on making a good impression. Sunlight filtered in through the window, and the bottles all hoped it would reflect nicely on them.
“La, la-la-la-la la,” hummed the girl as she perused. “Hmm…” Her hand hovered over the bottle of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for a moment. She often picked the bottle of Light Blue.
“No,” she said, moving on, “not today. I think I’m in the mood for something else.”
Light Blue’s disappointment was almost palpable.
Then the girl noticed the bottle of Coco Mademoiselle and stopped. “Yes!” she exclaimed, plucking the bottle from the counter. “There you are, my dear!”
And like that, the girl was gone, humming, twirling and spritzing out of the alcove and down the hallway, until the rejected bottles could no longer hear her voice.
A quiet sadness fell upon the group. They were crushed. Not today, they all thought. Oh, well.
Eventually, one of them spoke. “It’s, OK,” said the bottle of Daisy Eau So Fresh. “There’s always tomorrow.”
Good morning, my friend! Did you do anything fun last night? For me, it was dinner and a movie. We finally went to see that science fiction movie with Tom Cruise, Edge of Tomorrow.
Not bad at all. Interesting premise, with the whole Groundhog Day time travel (his character repeats the same day in an alien invasion over and over). I like self-contained science fiction stories that aren’t based on big franchises (I’m looking at you, Transformers!).
I just plan to take it easy this weekend. I might drive out to my parents’ house for a few hours tomorrow, and then I have some chores and errands to run (bluh), but that’s about it.
I hope you have something fun lined up. I bet it’s good barbecue/picnic weather. 🙂
Good luck in this weekend’s giveaway. Talk to you soon.
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck:
- What are your three favorite scents (not just perfumes, but anything)?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What do you really want?
- What’s the most overrated beauty product out there now?
- Have you ever been in the Arctic or Antarctic?
- Where would you most like to vacation in your country?
- You can enter in up to seven ways to boost your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, June 23, 2014 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time), which is, incidentally, someone’s birthday. 🙂
- Full terms and conditions are available in the widget.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,