“Oh, my head…” said the big beefsteak tomato plant, “I feel like crap this morning.” Many of its leaves were yellow and speckled brown.
“You big baby!” chortled one of the roma tomato plants nearby. “You don’t even have a head!”
“I don’t?” said the beefsteak plant, genuinely surprised. “Are you sure?”
“Of course I’m sure,” answered the roma plant. “You’re just a stupid plant. I, on the other hand, am sophisticated and wise.”
“Oh…” said the beefsteak. “Do you know why I feel so bad?”
The beefsteak wasn’t doing well. Unlike the roma, who lived in a large wooden planter box with excellent drainage, the beefsteak lived in a large 18-inch plastic pot with a single small hole at the base for drainage. The pot sat flush on the wooden slats of the deck, lacking clearance beneath the pot for ventilation and drainage. Its soil was damp to the touch, even though the last watering was yesterday morning. Mushrooms sprouted up from the soil around the tomato’s stalk.
“You drank too much last night, you big goof!” said the roma, whose soil was cool and dry. Multiple large drainage holes were cut into the base of its wooden container.
“I did?” replied the beefsteak, confused. “I don’t… Oh, yeah! I remember now. Duuude, last night was off the chain! I drank all night.”
“Idiot,” interrupted the roma.
“What time did I get home?” asked the beefsteak.
The roma paused. “What time did you get home?” it asked. “Seriously? Are you really that dense? You never even left the deck. You just sat there drinking water the whole time.”
“I did?” said the beefsteak. “Whoa! Huh-huh… It must have been one hell of a night!”
LOL! That was fun… Good morning, glory! Rise and shine, my friend. It’s going to be a beautiful day. This little story actually has some truth to it because I think I am overwatering my plants. A couple of the tomatoes aren’t doing too well, and one of the potted lavender plants.
They all like different amounts of water, so it’s a work in progress. I’m still trying to figure it out. Plus, if you’re a plant, Tabs isn’t the easiest co-gardener to work with. He bites…plants.
I’m just getting started with my day, having my first cup of coffee and fiddling around. I hope your weekend gets off to a great start.
One of my coworkers (yes, I’m referring to Tabs) is having a birthday on Monday, so we’ll probably do something fun.
Talk to you soon. Good luck in the giveaway.
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck:
- What are your plans this weekend?
- Your #1 gardening tip?
- What’s the most exhilarating thing you’ve ever done?
- Favorite talk show?
- I’m very proud of ______.
- Do you do highlighting and/or contouring with your makeup?
- Chocolate milk: yes or no?
- You can enter in up to seven ways to boost your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, June 9, 2014 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time), which is, incidentally, someone’s birthday.
- Full terms and conditions are available in the widget.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,