Dude, I’m so hooked on Petaluma right now!
So. Last night. El Hub and I were trying to figure out what to do — stay in and catch up on Game of Thrones (a viable option), go grab a bite to eat, catch a movie — but neither one of us could make a decision (it was one of those nights).
From where we live here in Novato, we’re at the northern tip of our county near Highway 101, and the other towns around us, like Sausalito, Tiburon, San Rafael, Mill Valley and Fairfax, are south of us, all the way down to the Golden Gate Bridge, so that’s usually the direction we go. South.
But not last night. Last night we drove north, and it was like heading into a different land! There are lots of big farms and huge tracts of open space, with trees and horses and cows and those tall water towers teenagers are always climbing on TV shows like Friday Night Lights. It’s weird to me that we’ve lived here three years and have only been to Petaluma twice, and it’s right next door! Twice in the same week, LOL!
Anyway, people are weird.
We had another good time up there, though. Japanese food followed by ice cream cones at Baskin-Robbins, and then a quick tour of the Dick’s Sporting Goods store, which was actually kind of neat. I’ve never seen so many neon-colored kayaks, canoes, fishing poles and women’s athletic wear under one roof.
And that was about it for me. I hope you did something equally fun.
Now I’m just enjoying my coffee and trying to psych myself up for a good run. I’m going to attempt my first 5-mile run in a while… I’ve slacked a little on my cardio lately, and I’ve had to work my way back up, so wish me luck.
Have a great day and a fun weekend. Talk to you soon.
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck:
- Have you ever been kayaking, canoeing or stand-up paddle boarding?
- Current nail polish crush?
- What was the highlight of your week?
- Have you ever been on a cruise?
- Have you ever gone without electricity for more than a week?
- What’s the biggest party you’ve ever been to (including concerts and weddings)?
- You can enter in up to seven ways to boost your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, June 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time).
- Full terms and conditions are available in the widget.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,