Remember when every mall had a bookstore? Back before Amazon.com? I don’t know if you’re old enough to remember, but there used to be a bunch more bookstore chains than there are now. There were Crown Books, Waldenbooks, B. Dalton’s, of course Barnes & Nobles, which are still around, another store that started with an “S” that I can’t remember now…and Borders, but I don’t remember Borders being around when I was a little kid. I think they came along later.
Amazon changed everything. I love ’em, but they did put a lot of bookstores out of business.
Uh…I don’t know why this occurred to me right now. I was just trying to think of some of my favorite stores, and the first one that popped into my head was Sephora, but the second one was Barnes & Noble.
Hopefully I can make it to both this weekend.
In other news, happy Saturday! 🙂 You know how we do it. Saturdays mean giveaways around here, and you’re officially invited.
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck: What are your favorite topics of conversation? What are some of your guilty pleasures? Do you like spending time by yourself? Do you prefer to get gifts or receive them? Would you rather be the center of attention or blend in with the crowd? Do you ever go to movies by yourself?
- You can enter in up to seven ways to boost your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time).
- Full terms and conditions are available in the widget.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Makeup zombies crave MAC Lipsticks like undead zombies crave brains. “MAC! MAAAAAC!” How does $258 in MAC Cosmetics crack sound? Enter Makeup and Beauty Blog’s Massive MAC Giveaway in up to seven ways, for seven chances to win.