I was window shopping one day at Nordstrom when I spotted one of the sales associates wearing this black Devlin Pleated Skirt…
It looked so floaty and flirty and fun on her that I figured, even though it’s a little on the short side, why the hell not! — I should try it on because you never know, right?
The hem is a little shorter than I’m used to, but I “needed” (air quotes again) to treat myself to a running reward. (Have I mentioned that I straight-up have to bribe myself to exercise now? Hey, whatever works!) I ended up grabbing the last one in my size. 🙂
I like basic black pieces like this because you can do so much with them. In the top pic I dressed it up with some things from Kate Spade, Old Navy and Halogen that I had in my closet.
The skirt’s easy to dress down, too, by just skipping the jacket and swapping the shoes for something like the Sam Edelman Dana Sandal. Then just put your hair up in a messy bun to complete a casual summer look.
- Skirt: Devlin Pleated Skirt, available now online at nordstrom.com in Seafoam. Your local store may also have it in black.
- Jacket: Kate Spade Baxter Jacket, available now online at nordstrom.com.
- White tee: Old Navy Women’s Sleaveless Tee, available now at oldnavy.com.
- Purse: Kate Spade, no longer available (I haven’t seen it in a while), but Kate Spade’s Sedgewick Place Morgan has the same vibe.
- Necklace: Pam Hiran Bib Necklace, no longer available, but the Seastone Necklace by Bauble Bar x Anthropologie one totally work.
- Shoes: Halogen Katrina Bootie in Black Leather, available now at nordstrom.com.
In GoT news…
Dude! El Hub and I watched the second episode of season four last night (the one where the stuff goes down with Joffrey) and OMG! — we’ve been freaking out and discussing conspiracy theories all day.
Who did it!?
I can’t believe I let this show fall off my radar. It’s so good!
What have you been watching these days?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,