On days when I look like this…
…inside, I usually feel like this:
LOL! You know what they say. Fake it till you make it.
So, today my main driving focus has been Designer Shoe Warehouse.
I really, really want to go look at sandals, so I sort of scheduled my entire afternoon around it.
And because it’s DSW, and I love DSW with a burning hot passion, I want to wear something with a little flair (woman cannot live on stretchy skinny jeans and cat t-shirts alone).
You can’t take yourself too seriously when you’re wearing a bright, fun color like this.
I mean, you could…but it would be difficult. Reddish coral, which I love wearing in the summer with a tan, isn’t exactly compatible with “fussy.”
Although I like how these shoes look with the outfit, my feet are utterly killing me in these pics — hence, part of the reason I want to go to DSW today.
I’d love a pair of comfy gold sandals to wear with this dress (my birthday present from El Hub), and I don’t currently have any comfy gold sandals that I can actually walk in.
I’m hoping to find a pair I can dress up with this dress, and dress down with dark denim.
Speaking of tweed (the dress is tweed), you gotta watch out for accessories like jewelry that could snag on it.
Yes, I speak from personal experience.
So, my mission, as I have accepted it, is to find a pair of gold sandals that I can dress up and dress down.
Wish me luck!
- Dress — Kate Spade New York Terri Tweed Sheath Dress, $199
- Jacket — Anthropologie (this one is no longer available, but here’s something similar)
- Heels — BCBG
- Purse — Kate Spade (here’s something similar)
- Sunnies — Tory Burch (something similar)
- Necklace — Kate Spade Riviera Garden Triple Strand Necklace
- Watch — Anne Klein (something similar)
- Nails — NARS Shameless Red Nail Polish, $20
- Lipstick — NARS Lodhi Satin Lip Pencil, $25
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,