In its former life, this ratty blue wig was part of a last-minute Halloween homage to Katy Perry. It has since evolved into one of Tabs’ favorite toys.
He stalks it, swats it and basically beats-it-the-eff-up whenever he’s “supervising” me in my office.
I should probably retire it already, seeing as how it’s clearly on its last legs, but I keep it around to startle my neighbors (a favorite pastime of mine) and take crazy-@ss pictures when the mood strikes.
‘K. Now, how about the same makeup look, but with a little less crazy?
This was just another take on the Tom Ford Unabashed Eye and Cheek Compact.
I’ve been all about that matte blue eyeshadow in the corner (it’s SO pigmented!) and have been playing with it a lot.
This time I wanted the look to lean more blue than teal, so I didn’t use the golden bronzer/highlighter as an eyeshadow base and put the blue shade straight on my lids.
Then I incorporated a few other shadows that aren’t in the compact — a bright purple on the inner lid and a shimmery white in the inner corner.
When doing bold blue eyeshadow looks like this, I like to add lighter shades in the inner part of the eye because I feel like they brighten everything up and contrast nicely with the blue.
This way, you still get the blue — I mean, it ain’t goin’ anywhere — but the look doesn’t become a solo attraction, if that makes any sense.
Anywho! Here’s the scoop on the eyes…
- Matte blue eyeshadow on the outer lid, outer corner and along my lower lash line: Blue shade from the Tom Ford Unabashed Compact
- Inner crease: Matte taupe eyeshadow from the Tom Ford Unabashed Compact
- Shimmery purple eyeshadow on the inner lid and inner lash line: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Flash
- Shimmery white in the inner corner: White eyeshadow from the Tom Ford Emerald Lust quad
- Black liner on upper and lower water line: Guerlain Eye Pencil in Black Jack
- False lashes: MAC 36 Lash
And for the rest of the look…
- Brows: MAC Fluidline Brow Gelecreme in Deep Dark Brunette
- Primer: Guerlain Meteorites Pearls Light Diffusing Primer
- Foundation: BECCA Matte Skin Shine Proof in Bamboo
- Under eye concealer: MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and Trish McEvoy Line Refiner
- Bronzer: MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in Delphic (from the new Alluring Aquatic collection)
- Highlighter: MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Light Boost
- Blush: MAC Extra Dimension Blush in Sea Me, Hear Me (also from Alluring Aquatic)
- Gloss: NARS Lip Gloss in Giza
Did you happen to wear anything blue today too? If not what colors did you go with?
Ever more Netflix binging: Cafe de Flore
Saw this yesterday and haven’t stopped thinking about it. Cafe de Flore — it’s a Canadian film in French, so yes, unless you know Français, you’ll have to read subtitles.
It’s…kind of hard to explain. I don’t want to give away the movie, but let’s just say that it’s a love story with something fantastical and slightly sci-fi about it. It sort of jumps around in time between a mother and her son in Paris in the ’70s (I think) and a father and his family in present-day Montreal.
I kind of had to pay close attention, and the movie took a while to get going, but when the big reveal happened, I was like, “WHAT THE WHAT?!?”
So yeah, if you decide to watch it, hang in there till the very end. You’ll be richly rewarded.
Hope your Monday was a good one.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Taking the idea of “blue Mondays” to literal levels…
- Blue Monday, Take 3: Laura Mercier’s Summer in St. Tropez Baked Eye Colour Quad
- Blue Monday, Take 2: A Face of the Day With the Tom Ford Unabashed Eye and Cheek Compact
- A Monday Face of the Day With the New Tom Ford Unabashed Eye and Cheek Compact