Some people keep their favorite book on their bed stand, others a bottle of holy water (My mom totally does! It’s in a bottle shaped like the Virgin Mary!). Me? — I have a space dedicated to whichever piece of makeup I’m currently crushing on. That way, it’s one of the first things I see when I get up in the morning. Nerdy, I know, but it’s also true.
Right now the space is reserved for the new Eye Wanna! kit from Benefit, which, last night, slept right beside my lamp. Perfect, because when my eyelids fluttered open this morning and my eyes adjusted to the light, the cute kit was there to greet me.
As I lay in bed contemplating the artwork on the packaging, I felt a familiar rustling under the covers and pulled them back to confirm my suspicions.
Tabs immediatlely grumbled a hello, raising his head. “Mrow.”
“Oh, good morning,” I said. “How did you sleep?”
He flashed me his usual disinterested stare.
“You think I should do a look today inspired by the artwork on this beautiful palette?”
He issued a purr-chirp in reply, which I usually take to mean, “I don’t care, woman. Get up and feed me some gravy, already!” But today’s I interpreted as a resounding “Yes.”
I chose this blue, taupe, pink and plum eye — a little out of my comfort zone, but I thought it might be fun to wear to the farmer’s market tonight.
A breakdown of the look…
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base on the entire eyelid from lashes to brows
- Velvet Eyeshadow in Inked applied wet on the lids
- Velvet Eyeshadow in Skyline in the crease
- Creaseless Cream Shadow in Static above the crease
- Creaseless Cream Shadow in Airbrush on the brow bones
- Velvet Eyeshadow in Deco along the upper and lower lash lines
- Benefit Bad Gal Liner Waterproof along the upper and lower water lines
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara on both the upper and lower lashes
- Benefit Dallas Boxed Blush on the apples of the cheeks
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW30 beneath the eyes
- MAC Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation in NC42 all over the face
- MAC Strobe Cream on the cheeks
- MAC Studio Careblend Powder in Light Plus beneath the eyes
- MAC Studio Careblend Powder in Medium Dark all over the face
- NARS Laguna Bronzer, also all over the face
What about your makeup today? Spill the beans. Are you cruising conservatively, or did you try something dramatic?
Destruction is his middle name!
El Hub worked late last night, so I had the evening to myself. I ended up running a few errands — Petco, Sephora (just a peek; didn’t get anything) and Target. Originally, the plan was to treat myself to fro-yo for dinner, but then I saw these Vanilla Caramel cones from Skinny Cow in the frozen food section at Tar-ghay…
Have you had ‘em before? They’re like low-cal ice cream sundaes, and, yes, they’re the bomb.com! Sure, they use light ice cream, so they aren’t as rich as the real deal stuff, but still. YUM!
FYI: If you store the box in the freezer on its side (like I did), the caramel ends up all over the inside of each individual cone’s packaging, so if you want all that sweet, gooey goodness to remain where it belongs on top of the ice cream itself, store them upright in the freezer.
Oh! At Target I also picked up this cute gift bag and matching paper for my friend Jen’s baby shower this weekend…
Sweet, huh? I think it looks good with the gift, a Vera Bradley Baby Bag, which I owe a big thank you to new mom and all around cool girl Tiffany for suggesting (thank you, Tiffany!). The bag is lightweight, machine washable and matches the purse I see Jen carry a lot.
You know I’m all about practical accessories.
In other news, I’ve been feeling a little bad for Tabs lately because he’s cooped up indoors while it’s so nice and sunny outside. I take him out for walks as often as I can, but he used to be an outdoor cat. I’m sure he misses his lazy days outside…
I felt kinda guilty yesterday, so I got him a new feather toy, which he loved so much that it took him all of 10 minutes to destroy.
Oh, Edward Scissorpaws…put away your claws of destruction.
So how are things in your neck of the woods? Anything new to report on this lovely Thursday?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,