Today I found my makeup inspiration by looking down — down at the multi-colored leaves scattered on the sidewalk outside. Yup, I turned to Mother Nature this afternoon and reached for colors in copper, beige and khaki for my face of the day.
I’ve been meaning to try a look with Make Up For Ever’s new Wild & Chic Palette ($39) for, um, ever! MUFE fans, this palette does not disappoint. The rich colors are super easy to blend, and I think they look pretty great in pictures, too.
This look also features my new favorite lip combo — Pacifica Color Quench Lip Tint in Blood Orange topped with Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Blush. I wore it last week to Thanksgiving dinner and even got a few compliments from the makeup-loving cousins. 🙂
The look also features a few other tidbits from MAC and NARS.
- MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ocre (primer)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Wild & Chic Palette Eyeshadow in Metallic Copper (lid and lower lash line)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Wild & Chic Palette Eyeshadow in Khaki (crease)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Wild & Chic Palette Eyeshadow in Brown Black (outer third, upper and lower lash lines)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Wild & Chic Palette Eyeshadow in Metallic Beige (brow bone)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Liner in #0L (upper and lower water lines)
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash (upper and lower lashes)
- NARS Blush in Madly (apples)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun (below cheeks to contour)
Hope you had a nice afternoon. I just got back from a quick trip to the Neiman Marcus store in SF’s Union Square to check out their new Tom Ford Beauty counter.
I’ve liked most of what I’ve seen from the line so far and really wanted to try a few other things, like their blush and foundation. I snapped a bunch of pics and picked up a few interesting details while I was there… I’ll let you know as soon as I’ve uploaded the pictures.
Right now Tabs is demanding that I pay attention to him, and he won’t take no for an answer.
Big surprise. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,