The holidays are coming! — and like the Terminator, they can’t be stopped. Or bargained with. Like a festive freight train, they’re a-comin’, ready or not!
With so much to do and fewer daylight hours during the day, every minute is precious. Right now I’m in a phase where the idea of blending three different eyeshadows into my crease (normally a totally sane thing to do) seems impractical, like I’m just burning daylight.
I suppose I could top putting on makeup entirely…
Yeah, right! Haha! Had you going there for a minute, didn’t I? 🙂
But seriously, I have been focussing on quicker looks lately, like this one, which I call “Lids, Liner, Lashes, Lips.”
It’s pretty simple — a single shimmery cream eyeshadow on my lids, black eyeliner, mascara, a bold matte lipstick and a hint of blush and highlighter on my cheeks.
Not too involved, but I think it still makes an impact.
The two focal points are the eyes and lips.
Technically, with the eyes, there’s not a lot going on in terms of gradients or blending, but the shimmery shadow draws attention to the lids, while the black winged eyeliner and flirty fringe define and frame.
That pop of bright color on the lips is hard to miss, but I think the matte finish keeps my kisser from competing with my eyes.
I mostly turned to the new Tom Ford holiday collection for this, which I think is a purr-fect look for beginners (or for anyone who wants a pretty quick look that still makes an impact), but you could easily dupe the look with other things from your stash.
The full makeup breakdown (a few things here are from the Tom Ford holiday Color Collection)…
- Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes in Platinum — lids
- Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen in Deeper — all over lid
- Hourglass Film Noir Kohl Eye Pencil in Eclipse — water lines
- Marc Jacobs O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara — lashes
- Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Espresso
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
- MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Primer
- Smashbox Pore Minimizing Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Laura Mercier Flawless Fluide Foundation in Chai
- Tom Ford Concealing Pen in Medium Deep
- MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast
- Tom Ford Contouring Cheek Duo in Stroked, darker shade — blush
- Tom Ford Contouring Cheek Duo in Stroked, lighter shade — highlight
- Tom Ford Lip Color Matte in Flame
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,