Another Monday, another excuse to wear blue eyeshadow. And glitter. And false lashes. 🙂
Seriously, though, I can’t think a better day to bust out the blues.
For starters, there are a ton of ’em out there right now; they’ve been popping up in a bunch of the summer collections (like Lancome’s French Riviera, Tom Ford’s Unabashed and Urban Decay’s Electric Palette , just to name a few).
On top of that, I feel that if we’re going to have to put up with the oftentimes annoying nature of Mondays, we might as well have something fun happening on our lids.
Am I right?
Laura Mercier’s Summer in St. Tropez Baked Eye Colour Quad from the New Attitude summer 2014 collection ($44) has three such shades of fun blue — a sheer, pearlescent baby blue; a pigmented, satiny teal blue; and a sheer and shimmery dark royal blue.
Um…yeah, that’s a lot of blue, so if you feel the need to break it up a little, you could try mixing the bronze shade from the palette with the dark blue, which gets you a really cool purplish bronze.
That’s what I did today, popping it along my lower lash lines to contrast with the satiny teal I placed in the crease.
And because I still have those glittery eyes from that fashion show last week at the San Francisco Academy of Art University on my noodle, I swiped a small amount of glitter — Urban Decay’s Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Spandex, which has flecks of blue and purple glitter — in the inner corners, figuring that the flickering sparkles would add a little splash to the eyes while tying together the blue on the lid with the purply bronze along the lower lash line.
A’ight then, here’s a breakdown…
- Laura Mercier Summer in St. Tropez Baked Eye Colour Quad: Medium blue shade in the crease, bronze shade in the outer corner and the dark blue and bronze shades mixed together along the lower lash line.
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Spandex: The inner portion of my lower lash line.
- MAC Mylar Eyeshadow: On the brow bone, on the lids and in the inner corner.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Blackest Black: The upper lash lines.
- Ardell 120 Demi Lashes: The false lashes I’m wearing on my upper lashes only.
- MAC Deep Dark Brunette Fluidline Brow Gelcreme: Mah brows.
Since there’s a lot happening on my eyes, I kept the cheeks pretty bare, with just a little of the bronzer from the Urban Decay Streak Naked Flushed Palette (below my cheekbones) and Laura Mercier’s Golden Pink Sheer Creme Color (apples), also from the summer collection.
On my lips I’m wearing Laura Mercier’s Gel Lip Colour in Flushed, which, by the way, tastes amazering! — like butterscotch candy, om-nom-nom… It’s also from Laura’s summer launch, and available now with the rest of the New Attitude collection at Laura Mercier counters and online.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,