Oh, that trip to Sephora the other day with all the dudes milling about? I forgot to mention that I didn’t leave the store empty handed.
Nope. I walked out of there with a scribe…
Scribe? The white liquid liner from Illamasqua?
From the makers of White-Out correction fluid, LOL! No, no, but it looks a little like that, doesn’t it?
I picked it up because of that speckled cat eye look Illamasqua did for their spring 2013 Imperfection collection. Ever since I saw that promo pic, I’ve been obsessed with the idea of dotted cat eyes with black and white…
This afternoon I decided to give it a try, and the first thing I did was line my upper lash lines with MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, because I wanted something with a matte finish to contrast with the liquid liner’s shine.
Then, I did the white dots using Illamasqua Scribe, and finished with some black dots using Milani’s new Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liner in Black Vinyl.
Give it a try! — and if you do, um, save your mascara for the very last step. I made the mistake of doing my dots last and ended up with white liner all over my mascara…
Yup, hot mess.
I was already wearing two coats of Chanel Le Volume and didn’t want to make matters worse, so to clean up the white on my lashes, I painted over it with the black Milani liquid liner I used for the dots (Black Vinyl).
I think it turned out okay, although I do feel like the look needs false lashes.
Next time! 🙂
A full breakdown of the look
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow (brows)
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (all over lids)
- MAC Eye Shadow in Patina (lids)
- MAC Eye Shadow in Soba (creases and lower lash lines)
- MAC Eye Shadow in Ricepaper (brow bones and inner corners)
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (upper lash line cat eye liner)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil in Jet (upper water lines)
- Illamasqua Precision Ink in Scribe (white dots)
- Milini Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liner in Black Vinyl (black dots)
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara (upper and lower lashes)
- Ilamasqua Powder Blusher Duo in Hussy and Lover (apples)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Give Me Sun (just below cheekbones)
- MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance (all over face)
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SFP 15 in Warm Natural 4.5 (forehead, nose and cheeks)
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in SB 12 (jaw and around mouth)
- Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Repair Eye Serum (under eyes)
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach (under eyes)
- (under eyes)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light (under eyes, cheeks, nose and between my brows)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light (jaw, chin, mouth and forehead)
For when you need your next Channing fix: 10 Years
Sadly, he keeps his clothes on throughout the film (boo!), but that doesn’t hold it back at all. 🙂
The movie’s about a group of high school friends returning to their hometown for their 10-year reunion, where drama ensues… Yeah, it’s one of those films, but it’s funny, too! It has just enough depth and some interesting characters, played by Channing (we’re on a first name basis now), Rosario Dawson, Kate Mara, Max Minghella, Justin Long, Anthony Mackie, Chris Pratt and a bunch of other people, and it almost — almost — makes me want to go to my next high school reunion. Almost.
Would you believe that my 20th is this year…?
I am so not ready for that jelly.
Hope you had a good one today. Onward to Wednesday.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,