Jeez, I swear, sometimes face paint is like chicken soup for my soul.
I was chugging along just fine this afternoon until about 3 p.m., and then…afternoon slump.
I’m not sure why or what happened — it might have something to do with the chilly weather — but I just couldn’t keep my eyes open. All I wanted to do was take a nap, an activity which, by the way, Tabs wholeheartedly approved.
But instead of napping, I made myself another cup of tea and set about trying to do something new for my makeup.
After this face of the day, which I did using holiday fare from the Make Up For Ever Wild & Chic, MAC Glitter and Ice and Clarins Passion collections (with a dash from the NARS permanent line), I actually felt a whole lot better.
Here’s a breakdown of the look, which features a silvery taupe eye, apricot cheeks and reddish brown lips…
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (primer)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 04 Anthracite (lid and lower lash line)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 15 Taupe (crease)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 02 Steel (outer third)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 01 Anthracite (upper lash line)
- Clarins Instant Definition Mascara in 01 Intense Black (upper and lower lashes)
- NARS Blush in Lustre (apples)
- MAC Lipstick in I Love Winter and MAC Cremesheen Glass in Deelight, both from the Iced Delights Lip Bag/Sultry
Here’s to it almost being the weekend! Just a little bit further. We’re almost there.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Hope you had a good day today. Let’s talk weekends. Do you haven’t anything planned? I’m thinking about seeing that new George Clooney movie, The Descendants. The reviews look pretty good.