Sometimes it’s the simplest looks that turn out best. Most of the time, that old saying “less is more” drives me crazy (because less is, ya know, actually less), but there is a morsel of truth in there. 🙂
This look — I threw it on the other day in, I think it was 15 minutes, just so I could take pictures for the reverse french braids post, and I was surprised to get so much nice feedback and a few requests for a breakdown, because it wasn’t complicated or involved at all.
Come to think of it, even my next door neighbor said something sweet about it when I ran into her (“Your makeup looks like you’re going someplace fancy!”).
(Note: I wasn’t.)
I gotta remember to do this cheek/lip combo again, because apparently it’s working.
So here we go, from start to finish…
Products worn in this look
- Glossier Soothing Face Mist — sprayed all over my face to moisten the skin (makes blending foundation easier for me)
- Bobbi Brown Extra Illuminating Moisture Balm — all over my face as a primer
- Diorskin Nude Air Serum in 040 Honey Beige — all over my face with my fingers, and then buffed down with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush
- NARS Radiant Concealers in Ginger and Biscuit mixed with a bit of Diorskin Honey Beige — patted on my cheeks and around my nose and mouth with my fingers for additional coverage, and then buffed down with the same Real Techniques Buffing Brush
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer — under my eyes as a primer
- NARS Radiant Concealer in Ginger mixed with Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 25 Medium — under my eyes to conceal dark circles
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Tan — blended all over the face to set my foundation (I find that if I skip powder, the Diorskin foundation likes to scoot)
Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 022 Sun Bronze — cheekbones, around the edges of my face, across my nose and under my chin, and swept into the crease of my eyes for depth
- NARS Dual-Intensity Blush in Panic — pink side buffed on the apples of my cheeks with a blush brush
- Sephora MicroSmooth in Sublime — highlighter
- Benefit Roller Lash — upper and lower lashes
- Urban Decay Perversion Liner — upper water lines
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown and Clear Brow Gel — brows
- MAC Impassioned Lipstick — mah lips
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Today turned out to be a long one, ugh. I am plum tired… There’s barely enough time to watch one episode of House of Cards before bed.
I hope you have good sleeps. See you again soon. 🙂