Hi, cuties. I have tomorrow off, woot! To celebrate the end of my regular work week (not counting blog hours, of course), I went all out with my lashes today, applying four layers of Clarins Wonder Mint mascara.
The reason my hair looks all windblown here is because I’m sitting in front of a fan. It was downright volcanic in Marin County today — just absolutely unbearably hot. I tried not to venture outside the reach of the fans at home. Out of desperation, I did get up for some ice cream and to grab the TV remote, but I almost melted on my way to the kitchen.
Because the weather out here has been hotter than Christian Bale in a Speedo, I wanted to keep my look light and perspiration-proof. To maintain the emphasis on my lashes, I went with a slice of light violet on the lid.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer over the entire eye
- Clinique Quick Eyes Cream Shadow in Rock Violet on the lid and barely into the crease
- Shu Uemura eyeshadow in Spring Breeze all over the lid and barely into the crease
- Prescriptives Kohl Eye Pencil in Blue Grotto on the upper and lower waterline (Side note: This pencil is fantastic! Look out for the review in the next few days)
- Four coats of Clarins Wonder Mint mascara on the upper lashes only
To complete the look…
- MAC Concrete eyeshadow
To treat my undereye circles
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW 25
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2
- Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer in Almond
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
- NARS Torrid blush
Those are coral-gold tones on my cheeks and lips.
I was a little afraid this would be too much color, but I actually like how it turned out. Next time I do a look like this I’m going to to try it with an orange shade on the lid — perhaps Shu Uemura’s Sun Stream. What do you think? Too disco?
Did you have a good afternoon? What’s on the agenda for tonight?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,