This week I received some nice e-mails asking about the smokey eye makeup I wore to my lil’ brother’s graduation last weekend. This morning, I thought I’d try the full face look again.
As far as complete looks are concerned, this one is quick and easy to do. I used shades from the Chanel Winter Nights Quad, a versatile set with four basic, but pretty shades of pink, peachy gold, green and light brown. The look works well for the office or for things like family functions or semi-formals.
The first layer of eye makeup…
- MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot on the browbone and fully into the crease
- MAC Quite Natural on the lid and barely into the crease
The second layer of eye makeup…
- Peach-gold shade from the Chanel Winter Nights Quad on the browbone and on the lower lash line (layered on top of the dark green shade mentioned below)
- Light brown shade from the Chanel Winter Nights Quad on the lid and barely into the crease
- Dark green shade from the Chanel Winter Nights Quad on the lower half of the lid and the lower lash line (layered on top of the Lancome waterproof liner mentioned next)
- Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting Liner in Noir on the upper and lower water and lash lines
The corresponding shades from the Chanel Winter Nights Quad (Note: For this look, I didn’t use the pink shade):
To finish the look…
- MAC Concrete Eyeshadow
Dark circles (trust me, they’re pretty bad today!)
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW 25
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2
- Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation in Suntan Beige
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- Stila Bronzing Powder in Shade 02
- Redpoint Airbrush Effects Blushwhip in Glow
- MAC Sublime Culture Cremestick Liner
- Chanel Zanzibar Aqualumiere Lipstick
- Chanel Glossimer in Gazelle
Good morning, beautiful! I hope you slept well. Last night my brother came over and we hung out for a spell; I gave him yet another bottle of conditioner along with a good lecture about post-college job hunting, LOL. I have to take care of errands today in preparation for the trip tomorrow. I like to carry my makeup with me onto the plane (to protect it from evildoers!), and I need to get some big, clear Ziploc bags to store everything in. I should also pick up a travel sample size of Bumble & Bumble Super Rich conditioner.
Are you ready for Friday? Let me know how you’re doing.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
For more fun beauty bits, try your luck with my random post generator. Click for a totally random post.