Oh, for the love of Frodo, thank the Lord of the Rings for Chanel!
Coco was exactly what I needed today to change my point of view.
Despite my best efforts to auto-correct, all week long I felt disheveled, disorganized and undisciplined (company visiting from out of town plus the trip last weekend = completely overwhelmed). I think I’m finally getting my sh*t together again, thanks in no small part to Chanel.
This morning I took Coco’s Holiday 2011 collection out for a spin, and where did we go?
Here’s a hint: it’s where Mango Bars and Baked Cheese Crunchies come from. 🙂 Some folks call it Trader Joe’s.
One of the three holiday tutorials up now on Chanel’s website inspired me, but since I didn’t have Ligne Extreme in Or (the liquid golden eyeliner) or the Poudre Universelle Libre setting powder, I improvised with some of the other pieces from the holiday collection and incorporated a couple of other things from MAC and NARS.
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (primer)
- Chanel Ombres Contraste Duo in Noir-Ivoire (lid)
- Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Blazing Gold (lower lash line)
- Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Beige Lame (crease)
- Chanel Inimitable Intense mascara (upper and lower lashes)
- MAC Concrete Eyeshadow (brows)
- Chanel Les Tissages de Chanel in Tweed Rose (apples)
- Chanel Lumiere Sculptee de Chanel Highlighting Powder (upper cheek bones)
- Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Triomphal
Now I’m off to Petco covered in Chanel! You-know-who wants me to get him a second backup costume for Halloween, just in case his primary costume, which I’m still under instructions (and a non-disclosure agreement) not to share, and his backup costume (last year’s yellow submarine) don’t work out.
BIG sigh… An assistant’s work is never done.
Before I jet, what did you think of the Project Runway finale? Holy crap, right? Now THAT was something I did not expect. If you care to cheer or vent, hit me up in the comments. I’ll be right back.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,