Since all I really had to do today was eat, I decided not to go all out with my makeup. I went with a mostly neutral look using products from NARS, MAC, Buxom, Tarte, Boots, Hourglass, Urban Decay and Madina Milano.
I guess I’d describe this as neutral with a side of sparkle… I think the eyes are probably sparklier in person than they might appear here because the sparkles from NARS Eyeshadow in Night Star are shy in front of the camera.
They are there, though, doing their sparkly thing.
I wore this out to lunch with the fam today to a local Redding institution, a great little burger joint here called Damburger, which has been around since 1938! El Hub has a relative who’s been getting burgers there since about 1946.
I opted for the vegetarian menu and the chipotle black bean veggie burger, fries and a vanilla shake. The veggie burger had tons of flavor, and I loved the texture. It wasn’t gummy or dry (like how some veggie burgers are), and was made with corn, rice, beans and some very yummy spices.
A breakdown of the look…
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (primer)
- NARS Eyeshadow in Night Star (brow bone and inner corner)
- NARS Eyeshadow in Cyprus (lids and crease)
- NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Star Sailor (bronzy side on outer third)
- NARS Eyeshadow in Galapagos (upper lash line)
- MAC Eye Kohl in Powersurge (lower lash line)
- Buxom Amplified layered on top of Urban Decay Cannonball (upper and lower lashes)
- Buxom True Hue Blush in Swept Away and Tryst (apples)
- Madina Milano Moda Chic & Shine Highlighter (upper cheek bones)
- Boots No. 7 Poppy King Lipstick in Allure
- Boots No. 7 Poppy King Lipgloss in in Allure
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (all over face)
- MAC Strobe Cream (cheeks, forehead and eyes)
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW25
- MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC42 (forehead, cheeks, nose and chin)
- Tarte Provocateur Pressed Mineral Powder in Honey (all over face)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun (across forehead, below cheekbones and along chin)
What did you have for lunch today? Were there fries in the mix?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,