Oh, twist my arm, why don’t ya?!
That’s what I said to one of the Sephora gals who mentioned they were offering Valentine’s Day makeovers today. 🙂
I figured it would be a good chance to hang out, try some new products and play a little hooky. ‘Cause, ya know, I’m all about
playing hooky multitasking.
When I sat down in the chair, Chelsea, the makeup artist who did this look (thank you, Chelsea!), asked me what I had in mind. I told her my makeup mantra (“No fear!”) and that she could do whatever she wanted, just as long as she incorporated the palette from the new NARS And God Created the Woman Set.
She used a mix of products from NARS, Too Faced, Make Up For Ever, Benefit, Kat Von D and Sephora.
A full breakdown of the look
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- NARS And God Created the Woman Palette
- Bobbi Brown Jet Long-Wear Eye Pencil
- Stila All day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Black
- MAC 33 Lashes
- Kat Von D Everlasting Face Shaper Blush in Truth
- NARS Funny Face Lipstick
- Make Up For Ever Lip Pencil in 16C
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Oil Free SPF 15
- Make Up For Ever Face & Body in 18
- Benefit Erase Paste in No. 2
- Benefit Boiing in 02
- Sephora Micro Smooth Baked Face Powder Compacts in Sable Sand and Bronze
- Benefit Hoola
- Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray
An eye makeup tip!
Chelsea also taught me a really handy eye makeup tip for applying eye shadow in the crease.
Instead of closing your eye, keep it open, and look straight into the mirror. Place your brush into your crease, and sweep back and forth. Keeping your eye open allows you to place the color exactly where you want it.
Eureka! Sometimes it’s the littlest things that help the most.
If you’re ever at the Novato Sephora and want to get your makeup done, ask for Chelsea. She’s fun and really knows her stuff!
After my makeover, I stopped by See’s Candies to get some dark chocolate for El Hub. It was kind of a miracle that I made it there, though, because I mistakenly wore my glasses (instead of contacts) when I left the house, and wouldn’t you know it? My false lashes kept bumping up against the lenses every time I blinked, haha!
Note to self: next time, wear contacts! 🙂 (First world problems.)
Happy Valentine’s Day again. Whatever you’re up to, I hope you’re doing well. El Hub and I are supposed to be going to dinner, but he hasn’t told me where… I guess it’s a surprise.
Are you as ready for Friday as I am?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,