Dang, it’s hot out here in Nor Cal today! It must be in the low 80s. That, or I’m just not at all used to the warmer weather yet.
To hurry up and get into the spirit of swimming pools and water parks, I thought I’d bust out a few of the new waterproof Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadows ($20 each) for my makeup today.
The Aqua Shadows, which are available now at Sephora, are a new line of long-lasting waterproof eyeshadow crayons. They come in 12 smudge-resistant shades designed to resist fading and creasing just as much as they resist water (more on that in a minute).
Apply, count to five (or 10, to be safe), and then bring on the water!
A few things about the Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadows…
- Easy does it with these. My lids turn into cake central when I over-apply.
- From my experience, they live up to the “Aqua” in their name, resisting water like our resident tabby cat. They also last all day long for me, but I do get some creasing when I wear them without an eye primer.
- They feel drier and thicker than some of the other shadow pencils I’ve tried, like Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Eyeshadow Pencils and the NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencils, and take a little more time and effort to blend.
For this look, I also used a few other Make Up For Ever favorites that I recently noticed at Sephora — the Compact Shine On Powder highlighter ($30; comes in two shades), Sculpting Blush ($25; available in four shades) and Mat Bronze bronzing powder ($32; available in two shades).
Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadows from the left: 30E (a pearly pink beige), 26E (a pearly peach) and 4E (a matte taupe gray), $20 each
Make Up For Ever Sculpting Blush in 10, $25
Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze in 40, $32
Make Up For Ever Compact Shine On in 3, $30
Swatches from the left: Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadows in 30E, 26E and 4E; Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze in 40, Make Up For Ever Compact Shine On in 3 and Make Up For Ever Sculpting Blush in 10
A breakdown of the look…
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow in 26E (my lids and lower lash lines)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow in 30E (the crease and lower lash lines)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow in 4E (upper and lower lash lines)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in 21L (upper and lower water lines)
- MAC Eye Shadow in Concrete (my brows)
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash (my upper and lower lashes)
- Make Up For Ever Sculpting Blush in 10 (the apples of my cheeks)
- Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze in 40 (the curve below the apples)
- Make Up For Ever Compact Shine on in 3 (my upper cheek bones)
Did you try anything new for your makeup today? Holla at me in the comments, and let me know what you’re wearing (and what you plan to wear tonight).
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,