I am LOVIN’ this shimmery khaki green eyeshadow, desperately, though I should note that whenever I wear it on my lids, the urge to crank open a fire hydrant so that everyone in the neighborhood can frolic through the spray, perhaps to a choreographed dance routine, befalls me.
(SIDE NOTE: seriously, I have always wanted to do that…)
Now, I’ll wear khaki greens any time of year, but the warmer months — especially June through August — after I’ve normally darkened a shade or two and it’s like a coral partaaaaay 24/7 on my cheeks and lips, Vert Khaki becomes my BFF. I just love how well it works with juicy, summery corals…
And hot pinks…
And golds and bronzes, too.
I gotta hand it to Chanel. Their eyeshadow singles cost an arm and a leg, but at least they don’t hold anything back. This one, in particular, looks crazy good!
Even though green eyeshadow can be a huge leap for some, I think Vert Khaki is possibly the closest you can get to a natural-looking khaki green.
Yeah, with this on your lids, it definitely looks like you’re wearing colorful eyeshadow, but it’s not totally in your face.
It’s on your face…
LOL! Vert Khaki has some gold in it, along with a touch of warm grayish taupe (which really comes through when you buff it down), and I think those extra touches keep it from looking too out-there-cray, you know what I’m sayin’?
With this on your lids, you won’t feel like people are staring at your green eyeshadow. No, they’ll be admiring your sultry eyes, ooh-la-lah.
So. Let’s talk finish.
SO BOSS! Vert Khaki has a subtle, almost soft-focus shimmer that glimmers on the lids, but it’s not, like, obnoxiously frosty. I think it’s a very soft, flattering way to wear green eyeshadow and, even better, it doesn’t settle into my fine lines (a heads-up for makeup lovers of all ages).
The long-running Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorite permanent collection products from a variety of bodacious beauty brands.
To wear it, I usually reach for a flat shadow brush and a domed fluffy blending brush. First, I pat Vert Khaki on my lids with the flat eyeshadow brush, then take the blending brush and rock it back and forth at the edges, drawing the shadow up into the crease.
A couple coats of mascara and bronze liner (try it with Chanel’s Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Santal) along my lash and waterlines and BAM! — all done.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
The Chanel Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorite products from Chanel’s permanent collection
- Unsung Makeup Heroes: Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Pink Explosion
- Unsung Makeup Heroes: Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Fantasme
- Unsung Makeup Heroes: Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Malice
- Unsung Makeup Heroes: Chanel Vert Khaki Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow
- Unsung Makeup Heroes: Chanel 505 Particuliere Le Vernis Nail Colour
- Unsung Makeup Heroes: Chanel Rose Initiale Joues Contraste Powder Blush
- Unsung Makeup Heroes: Chanel Black Satin Nail Polish
- Unsung Heroes: Chanel Poudres Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder
- Chanel Sparkling Satins Eyeshadow Quad: An Unsung Makeup Hero