Sonia Kashuk Hidden Treasure Brush Set and Bag
For the life of me, I can’t travel light.
I like to be prepared, which is my excuse for overpacking. 🙁
The last time I went somewhere on a plane, I thought I’d been good ahead of time and packed what I thought was the bare minimum of makeup and beauty, only to be told at the airport that I’d have to check my bag (and pay the $15 check-in fee) because of weight.
And I thought I’d been so good… Go figure.
Next month, come hell or high water, I’m determined to pack lighter than usual, and it boils down to limiting the makeup and beauty products I bring.
Having to leave things behind feels like cruel and unusual punishment, but I think I can do it with the help of Sonia Kashuk’s Hidden Treasure Brush Set ($20).
Fits in the palm of yo’ hand!
New for spring, the Hidden Treasures Brush set comes with six essential makeup brushes with sassy faux silver handles and a cutie-pie orange and white coral print bag.
The whole clan of Hidden Treasure makeup brushes
These brushes feel much softer against my skin than other travel brushes I’ve tried from MAC and Smashbox, and the long handles fit better in my hand.
Included in the set…
- Powder/blush brush: This brush head does triple duty as a powder, blush and bronzer brush. To keep it clean, I plan to take a few individually wrapped Wet Ones Wipes with me for impromptu brush cleaning.
- Brow brush: This brush isn’t as good for detailed work as my MAC 266 is, but it works just fine to fill in my brows.
- Crease brush: The rounded tip on this brush allows for detailed crease work and feels surprisingly soft, too!
- Small eyeshadow brush: This soft, small brush head smudges eyeliner on the lashline like a pro and precisely applies eyeshadow color in the outer V.
- Concealer brush: A soft and compact synthetic head, this bad boy applies concealer quickly and with mad precision.
- Large eyeshadow brush: This soft and fluffy brush head works great for fast application of powder eyeshadow on the lid and into the crease, and does a great job of blending, too.
- Orange and white travel bag: CUTE! Small but roomy, she holds all of the brushes without squishing the heads.
Small eye shader brush
Sonia Kashuk Hidden Treasures Brush Set
Use: A complete travel makeup brush set with a cute-@ss bag
Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A+
It’s a fantastic set for the price. The brushes average out to about $3 each, not including the bag, which is a total steal considering the quality of the brushes and how sassy and unique everything looks.
Plus, the whole bunch weigh next to nothing, adding hardly any weight to your bag. If you’re looking for a travel brush set that covers all the necessary bases, I think this is it!
You might like the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Treasures Brush Set if…
- …you need a travel-friendly brush set that covers all the basics,
- …you like bargains,
- …you prefer long-handled, lightweight brushes,
- …you’re trying to travel light.
Makeup in exchange for sit ups = genius!
I may have hit pay dirt with my latest experiment into psychological self-trickery. I call it the “makeup in exchange for exercise” concept.
I’ve already finished my sits ups for the day, and now I’m only five more sessions away from the Urban Decay lip liner I promised myself.
I wish I’d thought of this sooner, LOL!
What’s on your plate today? Got anything exciting in the works?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,