I wonder if there’s a built-in feature with baby biology that erases the memories of all of the hard parts about pregnancy and the difficulty of labor and delivery, and just leaves behind all of the good stuff, because all I feel are good things whenever I see Connor.
Our little coywolf is four months old now, and she’s kicked it into high gear! Her arms and legs are always moving, and she recently figured out how to roll onto her belly and hold her head up to look around.
She loves that point of view!
She’s constantly trying to crawl and gets frustrated when she can’t. She has, though, figured out a modified form of locomotion on her tum where she lifts her booty up and kind of scoots along.
I wonder how much time I have left before she’s off and running and I’m chasing her around…
Right now, Connor Claire loves…
- Rolling over. And over. And over. And over. And over.
- Skyping her grandparents (seriously, technology is AMAZING).
- When mommy dances with her. We listen to music when she’s lying down, and I’ll take her legs and move them to the beat. She smiles and laughs! 🙂
- Waking up early. Oh, boy. I think this child is a morning person, and she’s a HAPPY morning person. She’ll wake up at 5 or 6 and lay there babbling to herself for a good half an hour. It’s really funny, but now I’m starting to wonder who she’s talking to… Is my house haunted? I hope not! And when I walk over to see her first thing in the morning, she grins from ear to ear.
- Being outdoors. She really enjoys picnics and going for walks to see and hear the sights and sounds.
- Exploring the world with her hands. She has this activity mat with hanging toys, and she’s figured out how to grab things and hold onto them. Her favorite toy is a purple toucan named “Sam.” She talks to Sam, strokes his feathers and tries to bite his beak!
- Sucking her thumb. Another new discovery. She’s obsessed with that thing…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Thank you, Auntie Stephanie, for this pretty purple outfit!