Tabs loves his deck garden so much. It’s really coming along now. The tomatoes have already started to sprout tiny little green tomatoes, the cat grass has grown tall, and the catnip growing inside the Tabby Command Center is also doing well.
There are different varieties of tomato plants, some basil and red peppers, catnip, cat grass, parsley, cilantro, sunflowers, zucchini, gerbera daisies and zinnia… I’m sure I’m also forgetting something.
It’s quite a nice spread for a mostly indoor tabby, and he loves spending time out there.
He spends at least 30 minutes outside twice a day. First he inspects the garden, then he does a shift on guard duty in the Tabby Command Center.
Some of his favorite things to do out on the deck are…
1. Climb all over the command center and stand awkwardly on the wooden platforms
3. Scratch, sniff and claw at things
4. Lounge around on the deck
5. Have a picnic in the grass
6. Mark every corner of everything with his cheeks
7. Stare up at the hanging planter in this picture (because there are actually birds nesting inside of it)
Yup, Tabs loves his deck garden!
And so do I. 🙂