Rise and shine, fellow lover of colorful lower water lines (maybe?)! Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I’ve been on a colorful lower water liner kick lately, and Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Orchidée ($32), available now as part of the Chanel Summer 2015 Collection, is currently satisfying that urge to kick.
Here’s a brief breakdown of this flower’s important points (Orchidée means orchid en français)…
Chanel Summer 2015: Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Orchidée ($32)
- Vivid violet cream Orchidée is the only liner in the Chanel Summer 2015 Collection.
- It’s limited edition, $32 and available now.
- Typical of Chanel’s Stylo Yeux liners, the formula is a little on the hard side, but the texture still feels very smooth.
- Wear time is about 6-8 hours on my lash lines and 5-6 on my water lines.
- To get really high-intensity purple color from it, I use 3-4 layers on my water lines and 1-2 on my lash lines.
- If you have trouble getting the formula to stick to your water lines, make sure your water lines are thoroughly dry before applying it. I’ll run a Q-tip carefully along my water line (and by “carefully,” I mean, “DON’T POKE YER EYE OUT, KID!”) beforehand. Then after applying I’ll let the formula set for a minute before going in for another layer. Repeat until you get the level of intensity you want.
- I love Orchidée paired with warm browns and rose golds on the lids like I’m wearing in the pic above. 🙂
P.S. I hope your Cinco de Mayo has gotten off to a good start. Mine’s been pretty good so far. The missing screws for that gigantic pink shelving unit I told you about are supposed to arrive today, yay!
And I’m looking forward to perhaps a lunch of yummy fish tacos. 🙂
P.P.S. In other news, what are your favorite apps on your phone? I haven’t updated mine in a while, and I’d like some new apps. Thank you in advance.