Beauty product reviews, makeup tips & news from your friendly neighborhood beauty addict
Published in: Daily Beauty
Butter London Nail Lacquer in Old Blighty, $14.
What do you think of this red?
Like this post? Tell your friends!
The products in this entry were provided by the manufacturer for consideration. For information about my posting policy, please see my Disclaimer.
meimei recently posted … Pump and Lift- Episode 14- At Last- Another Video Review
^ Ditto. Karen, can you suggest to me some makeup required for show choir performances? They need to be able to enhance my face from the stage, but I’d also like to be able to wear them out (i.e. pigmented, but buildable coverage products). If it helps, I’m extremely pale (and I mean PALE. I’m redheaded), with a neutral to warm skin tone:
1. A vibrant (but not retina-burning), true blue-based red lipstick with a non-drying, longlasting formula and satin-matte finish, no shimmer.
2. A deep raspberry pink (no fuschia or purple undertones, please) blush, well formulated, no obvious shimmer or sheen.
3. A smoky eyeliner that lasts under hot lights, humidity and sweat from dancing onstage with NO smudging, budging, creasing, or fading. I looked at Lancome’s Le Stylo Waterproof, but I’m not sure about the wear time because I’ve never tried it.
4. A high-quality pair of medium-sized, medium-thick false lashes.
All of it can either be drugstore or high-end, but not ridiculously expensive, please ^.^
Thank you SO much!
That’s so cool that you’re in show choir, I’m a li’l bit jealous! I have a couple of ideas for you:
1. For the lippie, try NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella. My best friend had a lippie requirement list similar to yours, so I gave this to her and it’s her new HG!
2. The best blush I can think of to match this is MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Sweetness, unfortunately it’s discontinued, but you might be able to score it on Evil-Bay if you think it’s what you’re looking for!
3. Urban Decay 24/7 or Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes are both great smoky eye pencils that last. For a precise line I love Lorac Front of the Line Pro liner, it’s easy to use and it LASTS!
4. I’m dreadfully ignorant when it comes to false lashes, sorry!
Hope these suggestions are helpful, the lippie and the eyeliners are all available at Sephora! Good luck!
I officially worship Glee: it makes it cool to be in show choir Thank you SO much for the reccomendations! Just one question, is Cruella something that would flatter a pale gal like myself?
love vampy reds, they’re so sassy and go with just about everything
Vanessa H recently posted … Guest Review by my BFF- Shannon!
Reds never look good on me ):
Alex recently posted … San Francisco- CA
I <3 reds.
Now this is pure red perfection!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
Replies to my comments
Click to be notified of followup comments via e-mail. You may also subscribe without commenting.
Fight crimes against makeup and beauty with these unsung makeup heroes!