This scent brings back so many good memories!
I used to live near Golden Gate Park in SF, right next to the rose garden, and this new scent by L’Occitane, Roses et Reines, smells just like when I’d walk through the park when the roses were in bloom.
Roses et Reines means “Roses and Queens” in French.
“The queen of flowers is an olfactory, evocative muse that inspired L’OCCITANE, perfumer in Provence, to create the captivating tale of a fresh and velvety Eau de Toilette. This tale goes back to the legend of the Count of Forcalquier and his four daughters, who became queens through love, and through their favorite roses.”
According to L’Occitane, they used roses from Bulgaria, Turkey, Grasse, Morocco and Provence in the fragrance (I guess that’s neat).
I love rosy scents… My first ever “big girl” perfume was YSL’s Paris, which I wore as a senior in high school.
This one feels fresh, light and modern to me, as far as rose scents go. I think some of them seem very heavy and dated.
It opens with bergamot and blackcurrent notes, before moving into rose and raspberry, and then drying down to deeper blackberry, cedar, musk and heliotrope.
Very feminine and delicate.
I’ve been enjoying three things from this new collection — the Hand & Nail Cream (absorbs quickly), Beautifying Body Milk (moderately moisturizing and great for summer) and the Eau de Toilette (sparkling and fresh).
The 11-piece collection comes out July 30 with…
- Extra-Gentle Soap – A bar soap enriched with rose water to gently cleanse skin. $8 for 2.6 oz.
- Silky Shower Gel – A scented shower gel to gently cleanse skin. $20 for a 8.4 oz.
- Beautifying Body Milk – A beautifying scented body milk to moisturize the body. $25 for 8.4 oz.
- Hand & Nail Cream – Contains shea butter, vitamin E to soften and protect the hands and strengthen nails. $12 for 1 oz.
- Fresh Face & Body Mist – A moisturizing and fresh face and body mist enriched with rose water. $16 for 1.7 oz.
- Solid Perfume – A solid perfume in a small take-along tin. $12 for 0.3 oz.
- Roll-on Eau de Toilette Intense – A travel-friendly roll-on fragrance. $22 for 0.33 oz.
- Shower Scrub – Enriched with rosehip seed extracts, this shower scrub gently exfoliates the skin. $20 for 6.7 oz.
- Gentle Bath Salts – Bath salts with rose water to soften skin. $24 for 10.85 oz.
- Pearlescent Body Gel – This moisturizing body gel refreshes the skin and adds a beautiful pearly sheen. $25 for 8.4 oz.
- Eau de Toilette – A sparkling, refreshing rose fragrance. $50 for 2.5 oz.
Look for Roses et Reines at L’Occitane stores and counters, and online at usa.loccitane.com.