Now pose for the camera.
My inner-shutterbug has developed quite a crush on Smashbox lately, and they’re back behind the camera again with another photography-fueled collection (remember fall’s Girls on Film?), this one for the holidays.
They’ve kept their lens zoomed in on kits and palettes this time around. The new Snappy Holidays collection features kits for the face, lips and eyes. Here’s a close look at two of the sets, Be Discovered and Click You’re It, of which the former isn’t listed on the Smashbox website yet.
Be Discovered Palette: Details
- Price and availability — Unknown at this point, but I’ll update you as soon as I know. Smashbox’s larger palettes typically sell for around $59.
- What you get — 45 powder eyeshadows (WOW!), three powder blushes, two powder highlighters, one powder bronzer, nine cream eye liners, six lip glosses, four mini brushes and a booklet with three tutorials.
- First impressions — This kit is MASSIVE and could be a little intimidating. I think Smashbox could have done folks a favor by making the tutorials easier to follow because they don’t reference specific shades. It’s just like, “Grab your favorite nude,” but what if you don’t know which of the many shades are nude? Props anyway to Smashbox for keeping the cream and powder products separate, though. That’s always appreciated.
So far, I can say that I definitely dig the blushes.
Click You’re It Palette: Details
- Price and availability — $49. Available now online and coming soon to Sephora and Ulta stores.
- What You Get — 15 powder eye shadows, five cream eye liners, an eye primer and three doubled-sided how-to cards with instructions for six different eye looks.
- First impressions — The way Smashbox numbered these pans was GENIUS! It makes following the how-to’s easy.
I do wish they would have placed the cream liner on a separate tier, but still, I can’t wait to play with this palette!
Click You’re It Palette: Pics
Be Discovered Palette: Pics
Beside an iPhone for scale: Click You’re It on top, Be Discovered on the Bottom
Well, what do ya say? Did Smashbox give Ansel Adams a run for his money?
Swatches coming soon! Hope you’re having a fab Saturday so far.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,