It all started with a trip to the Grand Canyon…
No, no, that’s not right.
However it started, Bobbi Brown’s new fall 2012 collection is conjuring images in my mind of Vampire Edward skulking amongst the saguaro.
According to the friendly Bobbi Brown sales associate I spoke with at Nordstrom today, the new Desert Twilight collection was NOT inspired by vampires, contrary to the concoctions of my active imagination.
But can’t you see it? — Edward, with that familiar look of tortured malaise, his pale skin glistening in the late afternoon light as he fluffs his tousled hair and mutters in his moody way, “Bella…we should run away together. You, me and Renesmee, our half-human child who ages in dog years.”
The Bobbi Brown sales associate said that the 15-piece release for eyes, lips, cheeks and nails (yup, nails) was inspired by a photo shoot Bobbi had in the desert and represents a new direction for her, something outside of her comfort zone.
Along with the wearable neutrals we usually see from her, the release also features a bright turquoise cream shadow, a shimmery purple eyeliner, and two nail polishes, also in the same turquoise and purple, and all four of them are TO DIE. The gal from the YSL counter even walked over, and we gushed over them for a good 10 minutes.
The bright blue shadow and polish are so intense that they practically reached out and grabbed me by my eyes.
Oh, and the purple liner and polish? A complex blackened purple with tiny flecks of multicolored glitter. Very Chanel.
A couple of tiny black tubes also caught my eye… I thought they were black lip glosses or lip conditioners at first, but they were actually a combination cream product called the Cream Lip Colors for Lips & Cheeks.
They double as blushes and lip colors — like Becca Beach Tints, but thicker, with more pigment and a glossy finish.
Here are pics and swatches of the release. Let me know if something catches your eye. 🙂
Nail Polishes in Twilight (left) and Turquoise (right)
Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Blue Moon (left) and Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Twilight Night Shimmer Ink (right)
Bronzer/Blush Duo in Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush and Pink Peony Illuminating Bronzer
Desert Twilight Eye Palette
Lip Glosses from the white shade at the bottom to the top: Firefly, Bronzed Heather, Evening Rose, Pink Sunset, Honeysuckle and Twilight
Brush Kit, $55
1) Bronzer/Blush Duo in Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush and Pink Peony Illuminating Bronze; Glosses in 2) Firefly, 3) Bronzed Heather, 4) Evening Rose, 5) Pink Sunset, 6) Honeysuckle, and 7) Twilight; Nail Polishes in 8 ) Turquoise and 9) Twilight
1) Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Blue Moon, 2) Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Twilight Night Shimmer Ink, Cream Lip Color for Lips & Cheeks in 3) Honeyed Tea and 4) Pink Truffle
Desert Twilight Eye Palette
The Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Collection includes…
- Bronzer/Blush Duo in Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush and Pink Peony Illuminating Bronzer, $36
- Glosses in Firefly, Bronzer Heather, Evening Rose, Pink Sunset, Honeysuckle and Twilight, $23 each
- Cream Lip Color for Lips & Cheeks in Honeyed Tea and Pink Truffle, $20 each
- Desert Twilight Eye Palette, $60
- Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Blue Moon, $24
- Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Twilight Night Shimmer Ink, $22
- Nail Polishes in Turquoise and Twilight, $18
- Mini Brush Kit, $55
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,