Evenin’, gorgeous. What are you up to tonight? I’ve basically been laying low here at home, painting my nails, reading some magazines and just chilling with the boys.
I was fiending for sushi earlier tonight but didn’t want to drive the 20 minutes to the Japanese place I really like, so I just picked up one of those packages of pre-made sushi rolls (shrimp tempura) from Whole Foods.
Eh, it was aw-ite. 🙂
Oh, Lloyd Christmas got a trim at the salon this afternoon, so he’s back to his old self again. And then afterward he and I stopped by Nordie’s for a quick look around.
There were TONS of new fall products out on counters in the beauty department, but the purples, greens, pinks and reds from the new YSL Midnight Garden Collection kept me occupied. They’re available now in stores and online.
The 12-piece collection of stuff for eyes, cheeks, lips and nails feels pretty summery to me, which is great because I’m nowhere even remotely near ready for summer to end. Tropical flowers, exotic birds and fantasy midnight gardens (fo’ reals!) are supposed to have inspired the release, and I can see it, too, in the rich jewel-toned shades and the pale pink, peach and lavender pastels that pop against them.
I’m a HUGE Faux Cils mascara fan and really, REALLY wanted a tube of the new Midnight Blue ($30), but alas, the counter was sold out. I walked away almost empty handed (got a bottle of La Laque Nail Laquer in 43 Wintergreen).
Have you checked out the collection in person? Here are some swatches if you haven’t seen them yet. Take a look, and holla at me in the comments with your faves.
Cheek swatches from the left: Blush Radiance in No. 1 (yes, these use numbers for names), Blush Radiance in No. 2., No. 3., No. 4 … etc.
Eye swatches from the left: 7. Ombre Solo in 19 Velvet Green, 8. Ombre Solo in 18 Deep Night Purple and 9. No. 11 Midnight Garden Lumieres. Not pictured: Volume Effet Faux Cils in 20 Midnight Blue
Lip swatches from the left: 10. Rouge Volupte Perle in 107 Impetuous Beige, 11. Rouge Volupte Perle in 108 Celestial Mauve, 12. Rouge Volupte Perle in 109 Brazen Plum, 13. Rouge Volupte Perle in 110 Incandescent Orange, 14. Rouge Volupte Perle in 111 Mysterious Red and 15. Rouge Volupte Perle in 112 Spellbinding Violet
La Laque Nail Laquer in 43 Wintergreen. Not pictured: La Laque Nail Laquer in 44 Moonlight Blue
The entire YSL Midnight Garden Fall 2011 Collection includesâ€¦
- Ombre Solo Eyeshadow in 18 Deep Night Purple, $30
- Ombre Solo Eyeshadow in 19 Velvet Green, $30
- 5 Colour Harmony in No. 11 Midnight Garden Lumieres, $56
- Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara in 20 Midnight Blue, $30
- Blush Radiance in No. 1 – 6, $45 each
- Rouge Volupte Perle Lipstick in 107 Impetuous Beige, $30
- Rouge Volupte Perle Lipstick in 108 Celestial Mauve, $30
- Rouge Volupte Perle Lipstick in 109 Brazen Plum, $30
- Rouge Volupte Perle Lipstick in 110 Incandescent Orange, $30
- Rouge Volupte Perle Lipstick in 111 Mysterious Red, $30
- Rouge Volupte Perle Lipstick in 112 Spellbinding Violet, $30
- La Laque Nail Laquer in 43 Wintergreen, $20
- La Laque Nail Laquer in 44 Moonlight Blue, $20
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,