Sometimes you barely have enough minutes in the day to Google shirtless pictures of Ben McKenzie let alone put on a full face of makeup. When time’s of the essence, I stick to a bare minimum of basics and products that 1) I can apply fast, and 2) don’t require a lot of blending and precision…
- A brightening moisturizer — First, to brighten my overall appearance and give some extra dimension to my skin, I apply MAC Strobe Cream, an opalescent moisturizer, all over my face.
- Foundation — Next, I reach for Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation, the synthetic fiber Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Brush (or similar skunk brush) lightly moistened with a bit of MAC Fix+, and dab and blend around my nose, chin and cheeks. It may be mad pricey at $54, but matte Lumiere is the most natural-looking everyday wear foundation I’ve found so far, and it doesn’t give me breakouts.
- Concealer — When worn together, Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, a pearly pink brightening lotion and a full-coverage liquid concealer, disguise even the darkest of my dark circles.
- Powder — I use translucent MAC Blot Powder to set my makeup and increase wear time. It absorbs shiny oil for hours.
- Brows — I started using Benefit Instant Brow a few months ago to quickly fill in my brows, and now it’s a full-blown addiction. It’s an easy-to-blend wax brow pencil with a handy brow comb attached.
- Lashes — The Shu Uemura Lash Curler is the only curler I’ve ever used that refuses to pinch my lashes, and that’s awesome. It creates lovely, natural-looking lash curls, too.
- You’re making me blush! — Creamy Urban Decay After Glow Glide-On Cheek Tints are a snap to apply and blend. I just use my fingers. I end by using these cream blushes to give a little color to both my cheeks and my lips (they double as lipsticks).
When I have an extra minute or two (aka the 7-minute makeup routine), I apply a coat of my favorite hurry-up mascara, which right now is Ultra Flesh Panthera Mascara, a jet black volumizing mascara that takes my lashes from lame to WHOA in just one layer.
And boom! — I’m out the door. 🙂
How about you? What’s your 5-minute makeup routine?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,