10 reasons why Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Pink Explosion will blow your mind…
- It’s an explosion! Of Pink! Seriously — Pink Explosion — how could you not love that name?
- Looks so lovely with Hourglass Fever lipstick. (I’m just saying…)
- Also goes great with NARS Angelika Lip Gloss, which is what I’m wearing in these pics.
- Actually…now that I think about it, it goes great with errrthing. I’ve been wearing it regularly for the past month in a bunch of different eye/lip combos, and I can’t remember ever thinking that it didn’t work well with a look.
- The secret squirrel micro-glitter (you can only see it if you get up really close) will make you feel like you’re getting an extra large scoop of Chanel special sauce.
- If you’re feeling extra crabby with a side of cranky, Pink Explosion will make you look like you don’t have a care in the world, so maybe then somebody nice and cute will walk up to you and start a conversation about something light and fun, and then you’ll temporarily forget your crabbiness. 🙂
- It smells like roses! — so you’ll be reminded of the last time someone surprised you with a huge bouquet of flowers (hopefully it wasn’t too long ago).
- It’s so powerfully pretty that it can even cancel out the memory of needing the Jaws of Life to get into your skinny jeans this morning.
- And not having to spend a ton of time carefully blending out any edges means you’ll have time left over to look for a purr-fect faux leopard-print Christmas coat.
- Did I mention it’s Chanel?
Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Pink Explosion ($45) is a neutral, medium-toned matte pink powder blush with magical micro-glitter (looks like a satin finish on the skin) and a 7-hour wear time. Versatile, easy to blend and layer, it gets along with just about everyone, from lighter lasses to darker divas, and I am WICKED obsessed with it at the moment!
And you need to be, too. 🙂
It’s available now at Chanel counters and chanel.com.
The long-running Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorite permanent collection products from a variety of bodacious beauty brands.
The Netflix Files: I’m Finally Making Some Sense and Sensibility
I know it’s a ’90s classic, but I’d never seen it before yesterday.
What a movie! It’s based on Jane Austen’s book of the same name.
Beautifully directed by Ang Lee, the movie stars Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant and about a zillion other good actors.
One of my issues with period pieces is that sometimes I have trouble keeping up with the dialogue, especially when they’re using Shakespearean or Victorian English.
But this one’s totally easy to follow.
And it’s loaded with shady business! Drama with a capital D. Don’t be surprised to find yourself yelling your favorite playa’-hating catchphrases at the telly.
I can see why Emma Thompson won an Academy Award for writing the screenplay. Girlfriend did an excellent job.
After I finished watching it I had a sudden urge for tea and biscuits…
Check it out one of these days if you haven’t already.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,