Like pearls, Sonia Kashuk’s new Classic Palette ($20) looks great either dressed up or dressed down, and it goes with everything!
The Classic Palette
- A matte light brown eyeshadow
- A matte dark brown eyeshadow
- A matte black eyeshadow
- A matte peach blush
- A shimmery nude lipgloss
- A creamy berry lipstick
- A creamy blueish red lipstick
Added bonus: It comes with four mini brushes, too!
Just gazing at the palette brings to mind a host of makeup looks…
- Maybe a black smokey eye with shimmery nude lips
- Or a brown smokey eye with nude or bold lips
- A simple (neutral) wash of color worn with some really bold lips
- A shimmery beige eye with black cat liner and nude or even bold lips
Creamy berry lipstick
Creamy blueish red lipstick
Shimmery nude lipgloss
Eyeshadows from left to right: matte dark brown matte, matte light brown
Eyeshadows from left to right: matte light brown, shimmery beige, matte black
From left to right: matte black eyeshadow, matte peach blush
And that’s just the beginning… I can picture these shades bringing out the best in bold colors like shimmery greens, blues and purples.
Sonia packed a ton into this $20 titan, making room for 14 items (if you include the brushes), which roughly breaks down to $1.43 each. EACH! What a deal, right?
Because the colors aren’t too cool or too warm, a wide range of women should be able to wear this palette well. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A+
Could be the right gift for…
- A beginning makeup enthusiast or a beauty-addict in training?
- A busy sister/mother/BFF who hits the road a lot and needs a portable palette
- A seasoned makeup fiend who never has enough staple shades
Mad for Mad Men!
Not that I needed more TV in my life, but I’ve become hooked on Mad Men. I’ve watched about five episodes in quick succession and almost feel employed by the 1950s ad agency depicted in the show, ha! I can see why so many people are into it. I think the writing, acting and wardrobe/makeup stylings (LOVE!) are top notch!
Lots of shocking, faux pas stuff go down in the show — blatant racism, mistreatment of women and other big no-nos like drunk driving and smoking while pregnant. I don’t know how historically accurate it is but I swear my jaw drops at least once every episode.
I blame the colder fall weather for my recent increase in TV watching. It makes me want to snuggle up on the couch. What have you been watching lately?
In other news, did you happen to catch the meteor shower last night? I didn’t, but Tabs said he saw two shooting stars.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,