Dude, I wish I’d gone to a party tonight wearing this look I did with the new Tarte Light of the Party set from the holiday 2015 collection, but instead of rocking out, I watched three episodes of 90210 (the original 1990s series; I’m re-watching it on Hulu) and ate cookies with my cat on the couch.
For what it’s worth, I did seriously consider going to the Starbucks down the street to get something warm and sweet (and decaf) and to get my butt out of the house, but I wussed out…
I do have to say, though, that if there is a beverage at Starbucks worthy of this kind of va-va-va-voom makeup, it has to be their Pumpkin Spice Latte, because those things are a party in yo’ mouth. I estimate the number of Pumpkin Spice Lattes I’ve had over the past month to be somewhere between obnoxious and obscene.
This was the makeup look I was wearing in the Tarte Holiday 2015 video — smoky brown eyes and matte fuchsia lips.
The eyeshadows are from Light of the Party ($59; it’s available now exclusively at Sephora), and that fun fuchsia lip — it’s called All Fired Up — is from the MAC Magic of the Night holiday color collection, which’ll be available on the MAC website starting October 18, and then a few days later in stores on October 22.
Here’s the main stuff I’m wearing, most of it from the Tarte Light of the Party set from the Tarte holiday collection…
- Tarte Peach On Earth Eyeshadow — all over my lids from lash line to brow bone
- Tarte Party Favored Eyeshadow — crease
- Tarte Cocoa What Fun Eyeshadow — outer half of the lid
- Tarte Haute Chocolate Eyeshadow — outer corners and my upper and lower lash lines
- Tarte Social Butterfly — bronzer
- Tarte Amazed — blush
- Tarte Pink Champagne — highlighter
- NARS Numero 5 — false lashes
- MAC Groundwork Paint Pot — as an eyeshadow base
- MAC Smolder — water lines
- MAC All Fired Up Lipstick and Redd Lip Liner — lips
Geez, I just realized that I haven’t been to a party in… I can’t even remember how long it’s been. I think it may have been a dinner/pay-per-view fight night with El Hub and a couple of our friends. I think that was four or five months ago?
Ooh! — what if we were throwing a party this weekend? What should we eat, and what should we do? How about games? Inquiring party-loving minds want to know. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,