Aha! Sometimes it pays to be a #hoarder, especially when things like the Tarte holiday collection come up, and it brings back a flood of memories of this dress that I’ve had since…I don’t know, ’98? ’99?
Girl, I had some good times in this dress… I had just moved to SF, so I was like “Girl in the City,” and this was the dress I was wearing during The Cosmopolitan Incident, which I think I may have told you about.
It was the night of the company holiday party. They held it at the SF MOMA. There were waiters and waitresses walking around with these cute cosmopolitans, and I thought, “I’m gonna get one because it matches my dress!” 🙂
Well, one cosmo led to two cosmos, which led to… Anyway, I still can’t look at one of those things without wanting to yak.
This dress, though? So many good memories, and the best thing about it? I freaking found it at T.J. Maxx! One of the waitresses at that party came up to me and said, “I love your dress.” Then she leaned in and whispered, “Versace?”
No, girl, T.J. Maxx! $20!
Coincidentally, the outside of this collection’s eyeshadow palette is made of fabric. Even cooler than that, when you open the palette, the shadow names have artsy references, like Water Lillies and Van Go With It.
Very clever, Tarte.
Items from the Tarte Holiday 2016 Collection
- Limited-Edition Wing Workers Deluxe Tarteist Eyeliner Set, $35
- Tarte Holiday 2016 Limited-Edition Sculpted Cheeks Deluxe Amazonian Clay Blush Set & Brush, $35
- Tarte Holiday Limited-Edition Color Wheel Amazonian Clay Blush Palette, $44
- Tarte Holiday 2016 Pretty Paintbox Collector’s Makeup Case, $59
- Tarte Holiday 2016 Limited-Edition Wing Workers Deluxe Tarteist Eyeliner Set, $35
- Tarte Holiday 2016 Limited-Edition Curl Boss Lash Essentials, $20
- Tarte Holiday 2016 Limited-Edition Triple Threat Mascara Trio, $18
- Tarte Holiday 2016 Limited-Edition Gallery Gals Deluxe Tareist Eyeliner Set, $19
I’ve only just swatched these items, but it does seem like the shadows in this palette feel a little harder than the Tarte shadows I’m used to.
Oh, and the round blush palette here?When you open it, BAM! — a bevy of blushes, but here’s the thing: Even though there are pans on both sides, Tarte inserted a clear plastic divider between them to keep powder from falling from one side to the other.
This is just a smattering of items in the collection. I hope to spend more time with them this week.
So, hoarder-y dresses. Do you have any in your closet? Or other clothing that you don’t really wear anymore but keep for sentimental reasons? Inquiring minds want to know. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,