Well, hello, glow! How nice of you to visit. Waking up was tough this morning, and I got up feeling frazzled and a little run down.
I decided that some shimmer was in order because it usually picks me up, but since I hadn’t had any coffee yet and wasn’t firing on all cylinders, I knew I should stick to something simple. I reached for Tarte’s new Glow Your Way to Gorgeous Kit ($55, available now exclusively on QVC.com), an eight-piece set with makeup for eyes, lips and cheeks in shades of pink, peach and plum. In addition to makeup, it comes with a couple of brushes and a full-coverage concealer — handy, by the way, when you stay up too late watching brainless reality TV (The Challenge: Rivals on MTV, anyone?) and get up the next morning with KILLER dark circles.
Amazonian Clay Blush in Peaceful
LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Sweet
EmphasEyes Waterproof Clay Cream Shadow in Shimmering Taupe
Amazonian Clay SmolderEyes eyeliner in Fig
Swatches from the left: LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Sweet, Amazonian Clay Blush in Peaceful, Amazonian Clay SmolderEyes Eyeliner in Fig, EmphasEyes Waterproof Clay Cream Shadow in Shimmering Taupe and Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Tan
A breakdown of the look…
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Shadow in Shimmering Taupe on the lid (it’s like a cream version of MAC’s Satin Taupe eyeshadow)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay SmolderEyes Eyeliner in Fig in the crease and along the lower lash line
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara in Black on both the upper and lower lashes
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Peaceful on the apples of the cheeks
- Tarte Lip Luster in Sweet on the lips
- Tarte Maracuja (the name means “passion flower” in Portuguese) Creaseless Concealer in Tan
- MAC Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation in NC42 all over the face
- MAC Strobe Cream all over the face
- MAC Studio Careblend Powder in Light Plus beneath the eyes
- MAC Studio Careblend Powder in Medium Dark, also all over the face
I think this might be my new favorite daytime look.
Okay, yeah, I change favorites all the time, but as of right now, I mean. It was easy to put together, and I feel super girly with it on.
What about your makeup? Were you feeling adventurous, or did you go with conservative today?
The realities of late-night reality TV
Maybe it’s because I haven’t been sleeping very well, but I’m beat. I made some unwise television choices too late at night this week, and now I’m paying for it. I should have known better than to start watching MTV’s The Challenge: Rivals at 11.
Buuuut, speaking of that, even though he urgently needs anger management classes, does anyone else find CT, well, kinda hot?
And then the night before that, also at 11, I started watching a missing persons show on Lifetime that totally freaked me out…
NOTE TO SELF: Do not watch suspenseful, dramatic or intense TV shows right before bed.
So what’s shaking out yonder way? Are you doing anything tonight?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,