Smashbox is breaking away from the summer pack with the new Untamed collection (on sale now), ditching their teal, bronze and gold competitors (hello, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess, Laura Mercier Mediterranean Sea and Urban Decay Get Baked) with a palette of tan, reddish brown, taupe, purple and green.
The six-piece collection…
- Untamed Waterproof Shadow Liner Trio in Exotic ($29): shimmery tan, eggplant and taupe cream eyeliners
- Untamed Waterproof Shadow Liner Trio in Savage ($29): shimmery peach, shimmery green and shimmery brown cream eyeliners
- Double-Ended Eye Brightener ($22): two products in one — a shimmery gold eye pencil on one end; shimmery peachy pink on the other
- Untamed Creamy Cheek Color in Terracotta ($24): a warm, reddish brown cream blush
- Untamed Lipgloss in Raw ($18): a creamy, deep brownish red gloss
- Untamed Lipgloss in Flesh ($18): a creamy, golden nude gloss
It’s a relatively small collection with a minimalist vibe, yet there’s enough color among the blend of creamy and shimmery finishes to create some interesting looks.
Pictures and swatches
Everything except Untamed Waterproof Shadow Liner Trio in Savage
Untamed Waterproof Shadow Liner Trio in Exotic
Untamed Creamy Cheek Color in Terracotta
Double-Ended Eye Brightener
Shimmery Gold Side of the Double-Ended Eye Brightener
Shimmery Pink Side of the Double-Ended Eye Brightener
Untamed Lipgloss in Raw
Untamed Lipgloss in Nude
Swatches from left to right: Creamy Cheek Color in Terracotta, Waterproof Shadow Liner Trio in Exotic
Waterproof Shadow Liner Trio in Exotic
Lipgloss in Raw, Lipgloss in Flesh, Creamy Cheek Color in Terracotta
Lipglosses in Raw and Flesh
I lurve the mix of warm and cool shades in this collection. Most summer releases lean toward shades for warmer skin tones, so I’m fully on board whenever a company decides to be different. Thumbs up, Smashbox!
I think Untamed is one of the standout releases of 2009. What say you?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,